Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #161
Senior Member
 
GlacierGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
I picked up our 2109S last Thursday. Now I am in the middle of a week long shake down cruise. It has worked out well for me and for the nost part I am very satisfied with the purchase. A couple of questions:

1) I have not been able to get the water heater to fire up on propane. I hear the clicking that it is trying to light but no ignition. I have used the burners on the stove so I know the propane is working. Are there any tricks to know. What steps do you go thru to ignite the burner. Works fine on electricity.

2) Is the pump supposed to run all of the time or just when the faucets are running. The manual says "intermittent" but mine seem to run all of the time unless I turn it off at the panel.

Thanks for any thoughts.
__________________

__________________
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #162
F22
Member
 
F22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
I picked up our 2109S last Thursday. Now I am in the middle of a week long shake down cruise. It has worked out well for me and for the nost part I am very satisfied with the purchase. A couple of questions:

1) I have not been able to get the water heater to fire up on propane. I hear the clicking that it is trying to light but no ignition. I have used the burners on the stove so I know the propane is working. Are there any tricks to know. What steps do you go thru to ignite the burner. Works fine on electricity.

2) Is the pump supposed to run all of the time or just when the faucets are running. The manual says "intermittent" but mine seem to run all of the time unless I turn it off at the panel.

Thanks for any thoughts.
There are two or three valves right at the water heater, that were closed and had to be opened when i took delivery of my 2109S. They are right behind that flimsy piece of 1/8" plywood in the pass-thru storage next to the water heater. It was a bit hard to get to them, but doable. Turn those on. I don't know if that is what is keeping your water heater from lighting, but they need to be on either way. Also make sure the anode is screwed into the water heater (access from the exterior metal hinged water heater cover). Put teflon on the threads of the anode or it will leak.

Water pump should NOT run all the time, only when you turn on a faucet, and then after you turn it off, it will bring the lines back to pressure and then shut off. If it is running continuously, I would say you have a leak somewhere.
__________________

__________________
F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #163
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 752
water heater is a direct ignition with no pilot. You may have a defective electric valve that prevent the propane to get through. Have the water heater serviced by the dealer. The water heater will try to ignite a number of times and if gas is not avaliable at entry will not work and turn off the operation. For your shureflow water pump if you dont detect a leak in the system the pump will be the culprit.
__________________
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #164
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rutland, VT
Posts: 334
My hot water heater fired right up on gas. The valves mentioned are the bypass valves and you said that the heater works fine on electric. I would say the issue is with the solenoid valve that lets the gas thru. Talk to the dealer as this should be a warranty issue.

My dc water pump only runs when a faucet is on. There must be a leak someplace. Start looking for it ASAP before you get water damage!!! Check that all faucets, including the outside shower are off.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ Z71 Extended Cab, Long bed
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
(with K&N Air Intake) (traded)
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #165
Senior Member
 
GlacierGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Thanks everyone for the tips. I will follow up on those. Appreciate the help.
__________________
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #166
Member
 
wolfpack21643's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 92
I had the pump running problem myself and found after a half hour of searching that my outside shower was turned on just a fraction at both the head and cold water knob. I would not have found that if it had not been for the fact I walked around to the rear of the camper and saw a very small wet patch on the ground below the outside shower hatch. I mean it was just a trickle coming out of my shower head. I turned it off and the pump shut off and started to work normaly. I have since removed my shower set-up and replaced it with a garden hose and sprayer set up.
__________________

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #167
F22
Member
 
F22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack21643 View Post
I have since removed my shower set-up and replaced it with a garden hose and sprayer set up.
Good good! Glad you found it.

That mod you did with the outside shower. Any chance you could post pics and a description? I'd be interested in doing that one.
__________________
F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #168
Senior Member
 
GlacierGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
I have been camping the last 2 days in Jay Cooke State Park in Duluth MN. I don't know if you have read about the record rains and flooding there. This morning at 6:30 a deputy was knocking at my door. We had to evacuate because roads were flooding and there was no time to hook up campers. I'm returning home without my new camper. We were told that the park is high enough so the RVs should be safe. It was the flooding of the roads for miles around that created the evacuation. I don't think the park will be open for several days. What a finish to my first trip!
__________________
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #169
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
I have been camping the last 2 days in Jay Cooke State Park in Duluth MN. I don't know if you have read about the record rains and flooding there. This morning at 6:30 a deputy was knocking at my door. We had to evacuate because roads were flooding and there was no time to hook up campers. I'm returning home without my new camper. We were told that the park is high enough so the RVs should be safe. It was the flooding of the roads for miles around that created the evacuation. I don't think the park will be open for several days. What a finish to my first trip!
hope your camper is safe and it is in the same condition as when you left it.

The camper can be replaced - you and your family cant
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #170
F22
Member
 
F22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
the 1809s can be operated manually and if you lift the front fabric look at the gear motor. This is where the manual cranking is. Same for the 2109s because they use the same sofa outfit.You should not have to be afraid in case of electricity because the sofa works on 12 volts from the battery or the converter.
Thanks for that bit of info. But I looked under the jack knife sofa on our 2012 2109S, and I'm not seeing where one puts the crank to manually retract the slide. Can someone with a 2109S provide more info, or perhaps even a pic?

Thanks very much.
__________________

__________________
F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.