Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #11

Thanks again to all! Lot's to think about. Have to think where we would store the camper between trips. Can be on our driveway if the 2109. Storage place if 2502. We will just have to get inside of a 2502 and check it out.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #12

You might just want to look at the 2504s, This model has the large size booth and also has the Murphy bed option which gives extra room when the bed is not needed, It also has bunks for any grand kids.

jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuertz View Post
You might just want to look at the 2504s, This model has the large size booth and also has the Murphy bed option which gives extra room when the bed is not needed, It also has bunks for any grand kids.

We have been looking at the various Mini Lites over the past year (needed something larger than our Vibe 6502 to sleep more). We were excited to see the new 2504s model this year. It is the most spacious inside with room to sleep up to 6. It has a little more kitchen space, good wardrobe space and the Murphy bed option. When that slide is out, it feels pretty large inside. The large slide dinette sleeps two adults ... For when friends or our adult children tag along.

We haven 't taken delivery just yet, but spent plenty of time exploring our new 2504s at the dealer. We can't wait for spring to hit the road with our new 2504s.

Good luck with your decision.

RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #14

PTLady, We find the 2502s a perfect size for towing & camping in. The two of us plus 2 Schnauzers & another adult find it very comfortable. It is short of counter space in the kitchen so I installed a flip-up addition to the cabinet side at the sink which helps the cook a lot. I was advised against this by Forest River because of the danger of running the slide in while the extension was in the upward position but I overcame that problem by installing a safety lock-out switch on the slide circuit which won't let the slide work unless the flip-up extension is in the down position.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #15

Thanks again Wayne...sound complicated about that switch though. Where did you get the flip up addition?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #16

PTLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Thanks again Wayne...sound complicated about that switch though. Where did you get the flip up addition?
Bought the supports from E-bay & attached a nice usable size cutting board that went with the interior of the trailer. The switch idea was my own idea since I know electrical circuit designs. Works great!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMcElrath View Post
Bought the supports from E-bay & attached a nice usable size cutting board that went with the interior of the trailer. The switch idea was my own idea since I know electrical circuit designs. Works great!
Did you ever contact FR about the switch idea? They might like it and run with it for future owners.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Did you ever contact FR about the switch idea? They might like it and run with it for future owners.
Never contacted Forest River but I did tell the dealer about it.

Tags