Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
I got the solution because I ran into the same situation this past week. This is what worked:

NOTE: I did not need to add another cable or change any wiring, also the Genisis does not have to be on for the TV to work on cable or antenna. I left the Genisis off.

1. I turned off the antenna boost. It is in the cabinet below the TV in my 3008W.

2. Then use the TV remote to select/change from Antenna To Cable. (forget the Genisis remote it is not needed for the TV)

3. Scan for channels - this took a really long time in my opinion.

That did it. I had the cable channels. I hope that helps. You can turn the Genisis on if you want to play the TV audio through the TT speakers. You will have to select AV1 for that I believe. (I din't want to so I don't really remember for sure.)

Oops I just realized I didn't read all of the reply/s.

Maybe you already fixed your problem.

Regards,
Jim
JIm,I will try this approach....I had not thought about not using the genesis....Thanks.I will still have to go somewhere I know will have good cable to see if this works ,but it sounds right.

Just tried this.did not go thru genesis.....used over the air antenna,worked good.Learn something everyday,thanks again Jim
peaeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #22

Originally Posted by TheSasks
If the DVD player does not have a dedicated RF output on it with a coax connector, it will not be putting out RF. You need to get an old VCR or even a sat receiver that can supply an RF signal. Putting an adapter on the Video out of a DVD player won't work, which from the sound of things is what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaeye View Post
Ok thanks....will have to go back and do over.I wondered if i was getting a signal thru the setup I had.

I have a DVD/VCR with a RF output on it.If I run that to the cable input connection on the trailer,are you saying that should give me the same as a cable signal or at least something to test with?You will have to excuse me......some of this stuff is over my head.I know just enough to make me dangerous.I know I am probably
Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #23

Success in getting cable reception!!!!!It goes as follows....and yep it was simple.

I started a movie playing in a dvd in the house....
Ran coax from out on dvd to cable in receptical on outside of trailer......
Did NOT turn genesis system on.....
Toshiba input to air/cable,select cable....[this is buried deep in the menu]
Turned the Tv boost OFF
Ran thru the channels,and presto the movie showed up on channel 3.....

The picture in the trailer could have been better,but I had to run 2 long coax cables.

I hope this helps someone down the way figure this out.Many thanks to all that have contributed to finding the solution to this problem.

If anyone needs anymore info as to what I did......just give me a holler.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #24

Peaeye,

You can watch a DVD by inserting it into the Genesis. I don't have the setup sequence handy right now but I turned on the TV and the Genesis - inserted a DVD - selected one of the modes on the Genesis and got the movie to play. Then by pressing the A and B buttons turned on the surround sound. Made for a nice video again with no changing any cables.

Good luck with that.

Jim
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
Peaeye,

You can watch a DVD by inserting it into the Genesis. I don't have the setup sequence handy right now but I turned on the TV and the Genesis - inserted a DVD - selected one of the modes on the Genesis and got the movie to play. Then by pressing the A and B buttons turned on the surround sound. Made for a nice video again with no changing any cables.

Good luck with that.

Jim
thanks Jim,we have the DVD deal down .. now on to perhaps putting another TV in the bedroom.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #26
Wanna Be Camper

Sorry I missed your one post with another question yesterday. But congrats on getting it figured out. Always feels good to make progress dosen't it?

Happy camping..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Sorry I missed your one post with another question yesterday. But congrats on getting it figured out. Always feels good to make progress dosen't it?

Happy camping..

Yep....and a special thanks to you for the advice on the RF signal.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #28

I have DishTV and TWC cable in mine. Both coax connectors are connected outside. Inside, under the TV, there is a distribution switch box and both coax RG6 connectors.

The cable connector goes to my internet cable modem there, but it also feeds both bedrooms via the RG6 connectors in the wall. The other RG6 goes to the DishTV SAT in and use RCA Video cables to the distribution switch box under the TV. Behind the Genesis, there should be additional connectors for the other channels, something I will know for sure next week (I am only guessing at this point).

If you want to split the coax to the tv, you'll want to use a switch of some sort so you can control which service will be sent to the TV. I'd prefer to use the Genesis unit if I am able, since all the sound and everything is in there.

I will also be looking to connect the remote TV's to the Genesis next week when I get in there, so I will have an update at that time.

2012 Rockwood 8281SS
2012 F-250 6.2 V8
Derekcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekcan View Post
I have DishTV and TWC cable in mine. Both coax connectors are connected outside. Inside, under the TV, there is a distribution switch box and both coax RG6 connectors.

The cable connector goes to my internet cable modem there, but it also feeds both bedrooms via the RG6 connectors in the wall. The other RG6 goes to the DishTV SAT in and use RCA Video cables to the distribution switch box under the TV. Behind the Genesis, there should be additional connectors for the other channels, something I will know for sure next week (I am only guessing at this point).

If you want to split the coax to the tv, you'll want to use a switch of some sort so you can control which service will be sent to the TV. I'd prefer to use the Genesis unit if I am able, since all the sound and everything is in there.

I will also be looking to connect the remote TV's to the Genesis next week when I get in there, so I will have an update at that time.

see post # 23 ..........I have everything working now,thanks for the reply
Old 03-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #30
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
...when you guys talk about your Genesis systems remember there is more than one and they each have separate capabilities such as the GT3 is the only one with 5.1 surround sound and the HD Video connector for plugging in an HDMI Cable. The GT3 also has more inputs than the GT2 so we can't assume someone has enough inputs based on it being a "Genesis"...

GT2 & GT3 both have BLUETOOTH however and are still the only RV systems with this capability!

:-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
...when you guys talk about your Genesis systems remember there is more than one and they each have separate capabilities such as the GT3 is the only one with 5.1 surround sound and the HD Video connector for plugging in an HDMI Cable. The GT3 also has more inputs than the GT2 so we can't assume someone has enough inputs based on it being a "Genesis"...

GT2 & GT3 both have BLUETOOTH however and are still the only RV systems with this capability!

Bob,I was very specific when started this thread,I am dealing with a Genesis 3.0 system.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #32
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I was not saying you did not but many a post (even within this one) does not identify the model folks actually have. Referring to the Brand only leads to confusion about actual model capability. Sorry for hijacking the thread...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote