Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #1

Anyone own a Rockwood 8286WS?

Just curious to see what the pros/cons are if there is anyone out there that has one. I have searched the forums and have not see any posts. I would have thought it would have been a popular model with the outside kitchen.

We are picking ours up on Saturday at RV Wholesalers. We cannot wait. It has been a long 10 week wait. Wish us luck.
phoneman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #2

It may be a new floor plan this year so not many are out yet. I saw one at an RV show in January and thought it was pretty decent. Let us know how you like it, especially the outdoor kitchen.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #3

I think this is the second year for that floor plan. I will let you know how it all works out. This is our first 5er and Forest River product. Our last two travel trailers were made by Keystone and we had very little trouble out of them but I think the quality was less than what I am getting with the Rockwood.
phoneman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #4

I think i would really like the outdoor kitchen thats got to be one of the nicest thing they`ve added .I think you will be pleased with the rockwood Good luck and enjoy
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #5

LOVE LOVE LOVE our Rockwood 8286 (and yes I am yelling! LOL) We have gone on 5 trips so far in it and each trip someone stops to come inside and look at it...then they rave and say they want one. My husband and I ordered it sight unseen. We knew we wanted a 5th wheel and needed bunks b/c of kids and after months of looking knew we had to have a rockwood b/c of the quality. So our only option was this floor plan. We put a deposit down and ordered it which was good b/c I chose our cabinet color, floors, fixture colors and took the option of the u-shape dinette instead of the booth dinette.

When it arrived the owner called and said if we didn't want it, we wouldn't lose our deposit b/c he could sell it right now. They had not seen this floorplan and they wanted it on the lot. So I jumped in the car (hubby was mad I saw it first) and instantly fell in love. It is so spacious. The bunk room is on the small side....but the kids don't care...they only sleep in there. The sound system is AWESOME! The A/C will freeze you out. The heater works well but we use electric space heaters b/c propane makes me nervous (even with carbon monoxide detectors). The extension on the counter is bigger than most we have seen.

The outside kitchen is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! With our other camper we had to keep electric skillet, toaster oven, griddle...everything needed to cook outside had to be unpacked and packed each trip. Not this time. The outside fridge is so cold that beer is slushy! We added a latch to the fridge b/c last trip the fridge opened during travel and ...GASP...when I opened it beer fell out and busted everywhere (yes I cried) You do know it couldn't have been ketchup to fall out...it had to be the beer! I also added the bars to the inside of the fridge shelves to make sure we don't lose any precious adult fridge cargo again. But adding that stuff is minor and bought at walmart cheap! If buying a new camper...no matter what you buy...the outside kitchen is a MUST!

We have only had one itsy bitsy issue with it so far and Rockwood is already alerted and working on getting it fixed. The modling on the front of the outside kitchen counter seperated...but we quickly sealed it with caulk so the wood underneath wouldn't get wet and swell. But seriously...that's it so far. I wish the beer that spilled was under warranty...but hey...can't have it all LOL Oh...and I wish the night shades were darker, but I am working on adding tint to the windows so the light doesn't come through in the morning. But again, not a breaking point on buying one for us.

We love our rockwood...we are strictly rockwood people from here on out. You can't beat the quality...all wood cabinets, all electric jacks and awning, quality construction, beautiful product. SOOOOOO happy with it. My husband's chest puffs up everytime someone wants to see it and I grin ear to ear too.
cadcoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood