Old 01-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #31
Originally Posted by mkillora View Post
We have a Mini-Lite, 2109S and pull it with a Toyota Tacoma; 4 liter, with a tow package. The towing capacity of the truck is 6,500 lbs and I figure that the trailer, fully loaded is aprox. 5,000 lbs. Therefore a "safety" margin of 1,500 lbs. We also have a WD hitch with sway bars. We've trailered about 20,000 miles with this package; over prairies and mountains and have never had any issues. That being said, I do wish the truck had just a tad more h.p. as well as weight. Thinking (very reluctantly), of moving up to a Toyota Tundra but don't want a bigger vehicle and also the fact that the Tundra doesn't come in a 6-speed, manual transmission, which I have now.
Judging by the specs of the truck you currently have, I would stick with a trailer like the 2109S, with it's weight and length (aprox 22 ft.). Anything bigger and I think that you're looking for problems.
The 2109S is a great small trailer for two people (and one small dog, who loves it as well).
Good luck!
We have the 2104 mini-lite which is similar in size/weight as the 2109. I too tow with a 2012 Tacoma V6 6500# tow-rate. The TT comes in at about 5000# loaded also. It tows it fine but I would not want to go a whole lot heavier than 5k-5.5k lbs. in total. You really feel it in the hills.

2016 FR3 28DS
Past 2012 Forest River Rockwood 2104.
2016 Nights Camped = 34, 2015 = 21, 2014 = 22, 2013 = 24

lickem66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:43 AM   #32
You can find your window sticker online. We bought a used Ford F150 that didn't have a window sticker. I Googled for it and found it online, use your VIN number to find it.

We have the Mini-Lite 2502S and two 60 lb dogs. We have plenty of room but don't need the dinette. If I had it to do over, would have gotten a smaller unit.
Go and look at these different models of the Mini-lite One of the models has a slideout with a sofa and no dinette. The table with it probably folds down. Ours does.
We went west this past summer and our older truck had the small V8 and slowed
considerably during some of the grades. And we weren't even into the mountains.
Go lighter!! Pack light! Peace of mind and less on gas!!
If room for dogs at
night, that is all that matters.
But don't rely on just looking at layouts online. Go look in person. Something smaller may be just right!

Just my two cents worth.

2016 Wildwood 26TBSS
2012 F150 Screw XLT
4 leggers Spudz and Halley
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote