Old 10-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #51

Just got back from the Georgia mts and saw a front kitchen Vlite going south when I was going north. The day before we left, a rear living room Vlite just like mine pulled in 2 sites down from me! His was a 2011 model. The only difference I could see was the skirting was gray where mine is gold. They are out there!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #52

Just came back from 8 nights boondocking trip in the windjammer 2102w.It was our first trip and everything went great except we had a flat on the way home on the TT. The only other problem is the concertone system what a mess nothing works right with that thing...Love the Jammer...

Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #53

We have a 2011 Windjammer3008W. Have traveled from Texas to Arizona and back. We also are living in it in Smithville TX.
When I tried to register the Windjammer with Good Sams, they did not recognize it a one of Rockwoods RVs. The dealer we bought it from have several on the lot and seemed to be selling them. I hope that Forest river continues to make them.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #54

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life as I was browsing through Forest River's web site I see 25 new V models. It seems to me they think the V's are a very strong line. There's 17 new V-Cross units, 5 V-Lite's and 3 new Windjammer's. I really like the look of the new V-Lite 28WRBS but I'm not the type to upgrade every year.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #55

Seems to be more discussion and more people with Windjammers and v-nose trailers. As we go into the 2012 camping season I'll be curious to see if we actually run across more of them while out at the campgrounds. DW and I have two major trips planned and 24 nights already reserved for 2012 so far so hopefully we will see some other pointy-nosed trailers. Everyone enjoy the upcoming season!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #56

Hello V-Nose Owners. I am looking at purchasing a V-Lite 30WTBS. Love the floor plan with the quad bunks in the front and master bed in back with slide. Since most of you have owned your now for at least one season, what are your likes, dislikes? How is the quality of the floor, build, how does it pull? Can you tell any difference in gas mpg with the V-Nose? Looks like soon there will be a V-nose in Southeast Michigan.

FYI: I currently own a 2008 Jayco Feather Lite 311.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #57

Pbrackney, our Windjammer is the first TT we've owned and we've had it since May '11. We made 10 trips--24 nights our first season. The longest pull was across the state of Missouri from the KC area to Hannibal. It pulls very easy. We have the Equalizer 4 point sway control hitch system. As for gas mileage, I can't really say since it's the only trailer I've pulled but from what I've read around here I would say it's about the same as another other unit. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #58

Old Car thanks for the great info. I am loving this Forum and reading all the posts on the V-Nose. Its almost like the V-Nose owners are a "club" within the TT Community. It's pretty cool. It seems that all the V-nose owners have nothing but great things to say about them. Almost seems like a no-brainer. We went to our local RV show this week in Detroit and after walking in the V-Lite, nothing even came close in comparison. We would walk into the regular TT and say "no, not as good". What model do you have?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #59

We have a 2012 model 3008W. It's a front kitchen floor plan that the DW loves. With the kitchen up front it really opens up the rest of the trailer as far as living space. We also have the free standing dinette table and chairs which allowed us to have the atrium windows. Lot's of light and open feeling. It's just the two of us 99% of the time so ours only sleeps 4. We were dead set on a rear kitchen Jayco until we ran across this unit. We love the thing and have 24 nights already reserved in 2012 and more to come. Looks like Easter weekend will be our first trip out this season.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #60

We are in NY. We travel to the south with our 3065 Windjammer. We saw quite a few in SC. We love our camper!