Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #1

Auto leveling

We just purchased a Rockwood 8299BS Signature Ultra Lite down sizing from a Heartland Big Country. One thing we really liked on the Big Country was the auto leveling. We are thinking about adding this to the 8299BS. Has anyone had this experience of adding the auto leveling?
smithrhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrhjr View Post
We just purchased a Rockwood 8299BS Signature Ultra Lite down sizing from a Heartland Big Country. One thing we really liked on the Big Country was the auto leveling. We are thinking about adding this to the 8299BS. Has anyone had this experience of adding the auto leveling?
The plant LCI will not add the Level Up system to any Rockwood anymore. They might do the electrical system, I was at the factory last month, the guys told me they are now installing hydraulic front legs on the new units, not the pull pin type anymore, but I have not seen one yet. They installed mine the first ever 2 years ago, they had to beef the frame up so much so it wouldn't twist that the Rockwood would not get them installed by them. Last year they had to add some larger gussets and I asked them if anymore Rockwoods had it installed and they said NO they will not do another after mine. PS: they now own my frame and know it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:46 AM   #3

Thanks Witch Doctor. Are you saying that my 2016 unit may not have a strong enough frame to handle the auto leveling setup?
smithrhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrhjr View Post
Thanks Witch Doctor. Are you saying that my 2016 unit may not have a strong enough frame to handle the auto leveling setup?
Yes I"m saying that, the factory sold me the system in Goshen at the rally, I was going with the electric where you drop the legs first. The Manager in the division talked me into the hydraulic system instead, saying how much faster it was, and Didn't have to drop the legs. Well They put the system in during the rally, I dropped it off at the factory. They had to install two new cross beams and the gussets in the rear. One year later I seen a crack in the welds. I took it back at the next rally last year. They had to to put 8x8 1/4" gussets in the corners attached to the beams they put in (2x4 channels). They told me they haven't done one since. They refused someone who wanted LCI to install one on the same unit. They tried to charge me an extra 1000.00 bucks to reinforce the frame from twisting. I paid 3400.00 at the rally installed, they did take off the extra money but said they will never do it again. The hydraulic and electrical are two different systems altogether. Ill try and attach the difference in what they are capable of doing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf level page.pdf (897.0 KB, 75 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling