Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #1

Automated slide locks

Has anyone tried to install automated slide locks in their TT so they wouldn't have to use the manual type? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #2

Hmmmm?

I am not sure what you are referring to with this question. Does it have to do with the slide outs. If it does I only know about the adjustable poles that can be used when you are traveling down the road. I never heard of an automated lock.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think you'll find if you use the search fuction on the forum for 'slide locks' that most people don't use them at all and haven't had any issues.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Never had them and have not had a reason to. Manual or automated
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #5

We have the manual slide locks but I've read that some people have problems with their slide outs not locking properly. I was assuming(and you know that gets you in trouble) that there was such a thing as any automated slide lock for slide outs. And yes we use our slide locks. They're like seat belts - annoying to havehave to put up with but a safety precaution that could save you a lot of pain/money in the long run.
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I think you'll find if you use the search fuction on the forum for 'slide locks' that most people don't use them at all and haven't had any issues.

Dave
Dave is correct. Many (maybe most) who should; don't. Every time they get away with it; reinforces the fact they are not needed in their opinion.

Seatbelts are a great example. In cars since the late 60's it took 50 years for the majority of folks to use them. STILL not 100% even though the law in most places.

As the knocked up teen once said, shucks I have done that hundreds of times before and this never happened!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769

Dave is correct. Many (maybe most) who should; don't. Every time they get away with it; reinforces the fact they are not needed in their opinion.

Seatbelts are a great example. In cars since the late 60's it took 50 years for the majority of folks to use them. STILL not 100% even though the law in most places.

As the knocked up teen once said, shucks I have done that hundreds of times before and this never happened!
I have to agree with herk on this one. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my broken slide on our sunseeker. We always use our locks but left in a hurry during a down pour (at race tracks we park on dirt so when it rains it's every man for himself) When we got to the highway and hit 65 mph, before I even knew what happen my son, on the couch in the slide, was screaming at me to pull over because he was 2 1/2 feet out of the camper!

The one time we forgot it was the one time the woodruff key just happen to shear off allowing free travel of the slide.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #8

When I picked up my new camper the dealer specifically told me that it didn't have or need locks of any type on the new slide. Are the newer slides different and not needing locks?
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Sailfish Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #9

My opinion is if it wasn't needed, F. R. wouldn't supply it. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad