Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #1

Bathroom Cabinet

Just came home with our 2015 2608WS and while unpacking found the bathroom cabinet hanging barely by the bottom two screws, All 4 screws missed their mark. (must have been a bad day on the assembly line). I have search other's comments that stud finders are hit and miss, mine didn't show anything. I understand that the missed holes will be covered by the cabinet, but I would like to be sure of the stud locations before drilling more holes. Question is does anyone have any as-built's or jig schematics of the framing on the different models? Perhaps a contact at FR for the final assembly instructions for the 2608 bathroom?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Regards,
MM
Old 04-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

You can always try butterfly screws to reattach using the same holes.?.?.? Because the outside walls on most trailers are sheet metal is probably why a stud finders doesn't really work well.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #3

My 2608WD's medicine cabinet fell completely off the wall one trip. I did not find studs at all. So I just used plastic wall inserts (Molly's) to re-hang the cabinet. Muckore secure there now!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #4

Yea that is what I was afraid of. Tried tapping for sound indicator and I couldn't hear any difference in sound at all. May not be studs there. Looks like some sort of molly's or anchors could do the trick. Obviously working for you guys! Thanks for the help.
Regards,
MM

Tags
roo