Originally Posted by Iwannacamp
Be careful of a hot bad battery. The gases you smell are explosive. I would unplug power and turn off accessories. The get a fan to blow out the area(assuming it's in a compartment). Carefully disconnect the cables..not to short out(don't put your face over the battery) wear glasses/goggles carefully remove battery and set down carefully.
Roughly handling a battery can cause a loose/short inside and since you know there is a lot of gasses there.
Just be careful...and yes I have had 2 explode on me. Never hammer of twist much on a battery.
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Never mess with a hot battery
, I know a guy who had a car battery explode in his face, it almost killed him and he is scared for life.
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn
2014 Trilogy 3650RL, W/D, Onan 5500, 8000# Axles, IS, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger