Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #1

Battery Disconnect Switch

I have a 2014 Rockwood 2910TS Ultralight Trailer that is supposed to have a battery disconnect. Does anyone know where that is?

Also, does anyone know what the switch is above the switch panel that isn't marked. In the switch panel, it of course has all the slide out switches, lights, awning, tank heaters etc.. that are all marked. Above the panel, there is an unmarked switch. I'm pretty sure that IS NOT the battery disconnect. But I was wondering what it actually is. I believe it may have something to do with the antennae amp, but I'm really not sure.
TravelingTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome to the forums! Sorry that I can't answer your question but I found a variety of answers when I did a quick search from the cabinet in the bathroom, panel above the fridge, to outside by the p-tanks just to list a few locations.

Hopefully someone soon will drop by or that someone that has the same unit will know.

You mentioned that above the panel, there is an unmarked switch. Are you able to post a picture of it? Doing so might yield an answer quicker but no promises.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #3

I also have a 2014 2109S and we are making our maiden voyage this weekend. This is a great place to learn things.
I can finally answer one. The battery disconnect is below Fridge to the right of fuse boxClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405678093.161893.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	58391. Mine is labeled.
iefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405678355.231088.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	688.6 KB
ID:	58392. This is my panel just to right when walking in door mounted to sink cabinet. Lots of blanks fore additional slide out etc. but no unmarked switches.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
Site Team

Thanks lefman for clearing up the mystery. I added a disconnect switch to my unit so I wasn't sure if FR use a pull/push knob too but it looks like they do.

BTW I agree that this is a great site for learning - I know it has made a big difference with my RVing experience.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #6

I did find the battery disconnect. It is in the bathroom, low on the side of the cabnet under the sink. Thanks for the help.

iefman, I've attached a picture of my panel and the mystery switch above it. The panel looks the same (except for the hot switches), but I'm not sure what the one above it is for.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140718_183920_LLS.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	58462  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #7

Another mystery is where the light switch is to turn on the amber light that is on the side of the trailer (See picture).
The LED lights under my awning have a switch on the switch panel. I would have thought the switch might be on the actual light like other lights including the one on the front of the trailer. But its not. Any idea where this switch might be (its not the unlabeled switch on my panel).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140718_190442_LLS.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	58472  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #8

My amber light is on that same panel and labeled "Porch"
No clue what your mystery switch might be, could it bring power to your whole panel?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #9

Maybe it is for one of the interior lights? Like a low light in the walkway or just a dual turnon for one on the ceiling.
Kenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenv View Post
Maybe it is for one of the interior lights? Like a low light in the walkway or just a dual turn on for one on the ceiling.
I do not have your model, but I can tell you that the switch shown is a typical light switch from FR. I have one unmarked switch in my panel to and found it to be the main light high in the ceiling so you have a light lit when you walk in, When I had a 2nd exterior light installed under my second awning, that is the kinda of switch they installed, do you have step light? Also since you said that you can't find the amber switch, check to see if the light bulb is good in it. that could be for that and the bulb is just burnt out. Just a guess. Your antenna amp should be on the plate where your cable is connected It very small button that will lite green when you use the amp for it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #11

In my trailer the "porch" light is the amber light, and the "scare" light is the led strip in the awning. Took some time to figure that out...

Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #12

Battery disconect switch

My 2904SS has a similar switch to your "mystery" switch. Under the cabinet just above the sink is a light that can be controlled by the "mystery" switch or the switch on the light itself. Hope this solves your problem. On my trailer, you would not even notice the light unless you are looking for it.
diesel901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #13

Mystery switch over panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingTexan View Post
I did find the battery disconnect. It is in the bathroom, low on the side of the cabnet under the sink. Thanks for the help.

iefman, I've attached a picture of my panel and the mystery switch above it. The panel looks the same (except for the hot switches), but I'm not sure what the one above it is for.
The switch over the panel operates the lights at the back of the awning that run along the trailer edge. mine are pretty blue and are very nice looking.
ldul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldul101 View Post
The switch over the panel operates the lights at the back of the awning that run along the trailer edge. mine are pretty blue and are very nice looking.
On my panel, under lights, the one marked interior does turn on some interior lights. The one marked Porch turns on the LCD lights under my awning. The other three switches (Step, Scare, Scare) are all blank
Old 07-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #15

I think the best explanation is that it controls the amber outside light and its just burned out. The trailer is brand new so I wouldn't think it would be burned out, but that would explain it.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #16

Yep, replaced the bulb and the light works. That switch is the amber outside light.
Who would have thought it was out on a brand new trailer.

but its odd they put the unmarked switch up there when there were 3 blank switches under the light section of the panel.

In any case, thanks for those who gave me suggestions on what it may be.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #17

I have a 2013 2109S with the battery disconnect switch. I wonder what people use it for?
Do you use it and why?

Also if I'm running the refrigerator on propane could I use the disconnect switch then, or does the refrigerator even when running on propane need some electricity to control the temperature or something?
Thanks,
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Alanrbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #18

The refrigerator control needs 12V to run so, yes, it needs to be left on. As to what you would use it for, there are a number of little parasitic loads that will kill your batteries if left unattended for a few days.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #19

We have these really bright (scare lights) on both sides of the trailer.... where you have blanks marked scare is where the controls for those lights are located...... my battery disconnect is outside in the propane tank area right next to the battery.

I use the driver side light to connect up at a campground if we arrive after dark; great light for that use..... it's located in between the two slides right over all my connections....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-09-21_18-58-25_140.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	59082   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-21_18-57-34_54.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	59083  
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
The refrigerator control needs 12V to run so, yes, it needs to be left on. As to what you would use it for, there are a number of little parasitic loads that will kill your batteries if left unattended for a few days.

Thanks for the quick response.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Alanrbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery disconnect