Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #1

Bedroom tv

Can anyone tell me how to hook up the bedroom tv using the antenna? I hook up the coax to the outlet but the tv won't find channels. The main tv weighs great on the antenna.

We have a Windjammer 3008w
dkkirkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkkirkland View Post
Can anyone tell me how to hook up the bedroom tv using the antenna? I hook up the coax to the outlet but the tv won't find channels. The main tv weighs great on the antenna.

We have a Windjammer 3008w
Do you have the booster button on at the main tv in the living room?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This

Name:   uploadfromtaptalk1446171715874.jpeg
Views: 396
Size:  98.4 KB
Old 10-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #4

There's a button on the front and it is on. If you turn it off the main tv goes off. The two inputs below the main tv say "tv" and "antenna". That's where the button is as well. Then there's a single input that says satellite to bedroom. The main tv is connected directly to coax coming out of the wall.

In the bedroom there are two inputs and one is marked satellite receiver. We tried hooking coax to dune of the inputs in the living room but with no luck.

I can take a photo tomorrow if that helps.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #5

Also I have a Rockwood windjammer 3008w
Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
There's a button on the front and it is on. If you turn it off the main tv goes off. The two inputs below the main tv say "tv" and "antenna". That's where the button is as well. Then there's a single input that says satellite to bedroom. The main tv is connected directly to coax coming out of the wall.

In the bedroom there are two inputs and one is marked satellite receiver. We tried hooking coax to dune of the inputs in the living room but with no luck.

I can take a photo tomorrow if that helps.
It would help.
You only have 2 coax connections in your bedroom?
One cable and one satellite?
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #7

How do you upload a photo and yes they are two inputs in the bedroom as you asked
Old 10-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #8

Bedroom

Living room

Old 10-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #9

The booster should be on for both tvs. If wired correctly it shouldn't matter if the other tv is on or off. Some tv tuners are more sensitive than others so if your signal is weak that might be issue too. If you have cable and sat connections in bedroom the manufacturer may have crossed these two so try the sat connection. Can be easily corrected by removing the wall plate and switching if that is the case.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
Site Team

Have you tried hooking up the TV from the bedroom in the main room? That would eliminate the TV itself being the problem.

Also try hooking up the main TV in the bedroom to see if it has the same problem.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #11

We finally got the tv to work. We hooked the new tv to the tv output in the living room and it worked so we just jumped to the input to "satellite receiver to bedroom" and hooked the tv up to that input in the bedroom. I know this is a workaround but at least it works. I'm still going to make the dealer figure out why the other input won't work b.s. correctly when we get home because we shouldn't have to have a jumped in the living room
Old 11-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
We finally got the tv to work. We hooked the new tv to the tv output in the living room and it worked so we just jumped to the input to "satellite receiver to bedroom" and hooked the tv up to that input in the bedroom. I know this is a workaround but at least it works. I'm still going to make the dealer figure out why the other input won't work b.s. correctly when we get home because we shouldn't have to have a jumped in the living room
I have to use a jumper to pass a satellite signal from the living room to bedroom.
I understand your doing ota antenna but just thought I'd let you know.
Now that I'm thinking about this that's maybe how there work around is so you can use the antenna booster.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #13

I really appreciate everyone's input. I have another issue I'm going to start a new thread on
Old 11-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #14

heres the back of one

Name:   image.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  23.0 KB
There all marked
Powerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo