Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #81
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
REAL MEN only follow the instructions when all else fails!

Looks like the same goes for REAL WOMEN too

Although I have to admit, I usually do read them - every time I order a new vehicle, I've read the Owners Manual cover to cover two or three times before the vehicle comes in, lol. So not sure how I missed it so badly, haha...but live and learn!
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #82
Herschel

best trailer mover/valet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
REAL MEN only follow the instructions when all else fails!
It's OK Happy Camper, we are putting our intuition and judgment out there for all to see. Takes some guts to do that. I am getting estimates for pavers to put down in a limited way so I can use my truck better to park my travel trailer a little easier and making plans to move a shed that was driving some of my interest in my Power Caster. I can't afford to put in pavers all the way back to where my unit is stored in the back yard, though, so don't think the Power Caster is going to have a place in my plans. Jill, at PC has been terrific. She gives me 60 days to sort out my issues and make a decision. If I send it back, I just have to pay shipping and a small fee for any paint I have scraped off. Plus, she says I can have extra time if I need it due to the holidays. Right now it is looking like I will be sending it back. It does operate very well on the right surfaces. Very strong. Don't mind the adapters/brackets and the cord, but tires just don't like Florida soil/grass. Shame. Hope your Parkit360 works out. You mentioned sea grape leaves; are you in Florida?
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma26RLSS View Post
Hope your Parkit360 works out. You mentioned sea grape leaves; are you in Florida?
Indeed, yes. I am on the West Coast...in fact we are at Fort DeSoto, which is not far from our house, for the next two weeks .
Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #84
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
Indeed, yes. I am on the West Coast...in fact we are at Fort DeSoto, which is not far from our house, for the next two weeks .
After much thought and getting estimates for pavers/concrete for various configurations, I have given up on the idea of using my Power Caster to move my travel trailer around my yard. Spending a bunch more to have that flexibility is not worth it to me, so I will be sending it back after the holidays. It is a nice unit. Well built and strong; it just requires a hard surface on which to work. I'll be out the shipping both ways, but best to cut my losses while I can. Good luck with your Parkit360. See you out there!
Old 04-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #85

tow dolly

mine, my butt is the counter weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180725_172228 (002).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	201458  
ECVCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:33 AM   #86

So I've been meaning to check back in here....after using my Parkit360 many times I have to say wow! I am really impressed with it! So glad I got the 10k lbs size and the upgraded all terrain tires...really has made getting my TT in and out so much easier and without rolling into neighbor property.
Deinitely spring for the on-board battery and plug-in charger. So easy. Since the manual was lacking, I went looking for YouTube videos not on the sales website and found a great one by ObsessedGarage that gave some awesome tips. I appreciate everyone's help!

At Jetty Park in Port Canaveral....saw the FalconX launch live...was awesome Happy camping!
Old 04-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #87
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVCHAMP View Post
mine, my butt is the counter weight.
Great. Glad to hear it. So, how do the all terrain tires do in Florida sandy soil, and what is the tongue weight with which they are doing it? Curious.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma26RLSS View Post
Great. Glad to hear it. So, how do the all terrain tires do in Florida sandy soil, and what is the tongue weight with which they are doing it? Curious.
Tongue weight is 560lbs. Minimal effort needed. Pushes up the grassy incline well but when it gets to a really sandy spot on the incline I have to go up at an angle or it bogs. Pushes up over large and small gravel no probs even when uphill. Coming downhill/pulling it no issues on anything in fact I'm glad that it connects to the trailer brakes and that works really great. Once I get it into the flat alley it rolls like a dream. Changing direction is a little awkward but easy once you get the hang of it. My alternate storage site is also on an incline and VERY sandy -dont think it will make it up that hill so I think I'm going to purchase a portable ramp setup to ensure excellent traction regardless where I put it. For now it's fine where I keep it.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #89

How heavy is your rig and do the back tires come off the ground loosing traction?
RK Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK Camping Couple View Post
How heavy is your rig and do the back tires come off the ground loosing traction?
Hi, fully loaded our camper is about 6500#. The ParkIt 360 does not have back wheels. Even with the battery pack on it, no wheels, the back raises when the camper is lowering onto the ball, but only some inches, then the wheels engage and automatically "roll up under" the tongue and it self-levels out. Neither my camper nor the ParkIt 360 ever lose traction. At first my instinct was to pull on the handle, but I learned quickly to just hold the handle and let the ParkIt do the work. Once the wheels have come up under the tongue and the battery end lowers back down to a few inches off the ground, then the camper is safely on the ParkIt 360 ball and the TT moves easily, wherever I want it to go. Even tight turns are a breeze.

When I posted last year I had a hill of soft sand to traverse, but since then I've added a paver parking pad to park a car in front of the camper. The ParkIt 360 takes the camper up and over the parking pad coming forward with ease, and just as easy pushing it back up and over backwards to back into place.

Here is a pic of the model I have; there are lots of You Tube videos showing people using them, might help if you watched a few, the way it works is hard to explain. But it is really amazing and I am so glad I bought one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ParkIt 360.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	686.9 KB
ID:	246541  

Tags
power, trailer