Old 07-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
Great info from everyone posting on the forum. I am going with curt truck front receiver for the bikes. Allows me to keep an eye on them.

Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #12
^^^ That's what I just ordered as well. Best and probably strongest option for our pickup.

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3025W (REMEDY)
2014 Dodge 2500 6.7 CTD, 6 Burnin 4 Turnin
Full-timers since 12 AUG 14

Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #13
The bikes arent on the rack in this pic, but we have a "bike bunk" that allows you to attach your bike rack (hitch mount bike rack) to the bike bunk so you can see them as you tow. Got it from campig world.

It can be a challenge to manipulate the bikes based on height off the ground, but I find that if you put the truck a few feet away (like you were going to hook up but you stop short so you can lower the tailgate) and put down the tailgate, there is no problem at all with height of the rack.

My only concern with some of the racks for the front, is if the bikes would hang low enough that turning sharp would cause the rear of the truck to hit the bikes on the rack. That ended up being an issue with my first install. So I got a different style bike rack (which allows the bikes to sit high enough to be above the tonneau) and I reinstalled the bike bunk closer to the trailer. It has been one of the best investments we have made for our TT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike rack.PNG
Views:	114
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	58231  

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is offline   Reply With Quote