Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #1

Black tank flushing issues 2015 2604WS

I've had this camper for about four months now and this problem started on the second camping trip. And seems like it has gotten worse each time. I see that the black tank has the turbo washers built right into the tank so that it makes it easier to flush the tank out. What I did notice is that one if those turbo jets is located directly at the base of my toilet. Meaning anything that is flushed gets stuck there. No matter how many times I clean it out, it never fully gets cleaned and some times backs up. (which already has happened twice, it gets clogged real bad if I have guests) No matter how much chemicals I have thrown in, and I have also allowed the black tank to almost fill up. The clog does not break up. I have had to use a wire clothes hanger to work it apart. Let me tell you........I am not going to be a happy camper if I have to continue to do it that way. I worry if my guests ask to use the bathroom for that reason. Not everyone realizes that these toilets do not work like the ones at home. In my opinion I feel that the turbo jet is in a very very bad spot. I am at a point that I want forest river to replace my tank. I think someone goofed while assembling the black tank prior to installing it in the camper. So with that said, does any one else have this issue. Any feed back is appreciated. My 2014 2304S had the same system, and I never ever had any issues. Thanks to all.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #2

I just bought a 2015 windjammer 3008. I have no idea if I have these or not but if I do I hope they are not like yours.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Site Team

So what your saying is: The turbo rinse is pointing at the bottom of the toilet, right? If so wouldn't that rinse off the bottom of the throne?

Update :I got now, Its in the way creating a back up.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #4

You can tell by the hose attachment that says tank flush out or something similar to that. Looks like the city water hook up but should be in the area above your black and gray handles. I guess almost at waist height.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
You can tell by the hose attachment that says tank flush out or something similar to that. Looks like the city water hook up but should be in the area above your black and gray handles. I guess almost at waist height.

I have the tank flush just don't know if those nozzles are in there.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #6

Ok, maybe I can explain a bit better. The jet size is about the size of a persons thumb. I would say sticks out into the tank about three inches. What's happening is every time paper and other such things get flushed it lodges it's self under the jet and gets stuck. When flushing The water only shoots out the tip of it. And so the under part really never gets the water. This is why I fill my tank up at least twice add chemicals, let it sit a while and flush. Then I repeat. This seems to work best for me right now. But I feel I shouldn't be doing it like this normally. This is a first and I've had plenty of campers in my days. But this has got me stumped.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

No, sorry, don't have those problems. Curious, how do you know that there is a jet at the toilet base? I can't see anything down mine except a black hole.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #8

If so, then yes you do. I can tell on this camper by having the water shut off and pushing on the toilet pedal and shinning a light down the toilet. I can see mine clear as day. Mine are white in color. Also the glue that they are installed with is a mustardy color. So the yellowish stuff you might see is the glue.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

I have a 2604WS and do not have that situation. Pursue this with FR. It is totally unacceptable.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #10

If that's the problem I would have an RV service center remove the flusher and seal the hole and relocate it. Problem solved. May cost you money but save in aggravation. (Unless it's under warranty).

Started Out With Nothing,
Still Have Most Of It Left!
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
Grandpa

I had the same problem with my 8289 WS. Although the sewer flusher may be different than yours it is possible the that it has piled with sludge where debris enters the tank. No matter how well I thought I was rinsing the tank the pile did not flow out. I bought a plastic coated snake and was able to break it up. I ran a garden hose down the toilet and had the sewer flusher running while spinning the snake. I am not sure why it built up so bad because I always add water, at least 1/3 tank after I flush it. It's worked fine the last 2 trips we made.
grandpa001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, black, black tank, black tank flush, tank