Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #1

bonded frameless windows

these windows are available with the diamond and platinum paskages. Any problems ? pros or cons? any info will be appreciated thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #2

Good Morning Mike, we have these on our 8289. I like the looks of the windows and they are nice to keep the glare and heat from the sun down. The only complaint I have is they show the water spots pretty bad. I would opt for them again.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
Good Morning Mike, we have these on our 8289. I like the looks of the windows and they are nice to keep the glare and heat from the sun down. The only complaint I have is they show the water spots pretty bad. I would opt for them again.
thanks for your response. We too think they are very nice looking have u ever had any problems leaking or not closing all the way?
thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #4

noe as of yet. We got the rig last July 31 and had it out about 6 weekends.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
noe as of yet. We got the rig last July 31 and had it out about 6 weekends.
thanks for the info and have a great year camping
Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijones View Post
thanks for your response. We too think they are very nice looking have u ever had any problems leaking or not closing all the way?
thanks
I have the 8289 with the windows. I really like them. They give you some added privacy too. HOWEVER, my rear window leaked. It had never been properly sealed at the top. Since this is a brand new unit, it should be fully covered under warranty. The dealership took a photo of it, and will replace the entire window. (I thought the would just seal the top of the existing window).
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #7

I have um and like um. Best part is you can keep open when it's raining.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #8

I have them on my Columbus. They are good looking windows and operate well. The only problem I had was when I first attempted to open them. They stuck. I had to get on the outside and apply pressure as DW cranked the knob. I sprayed the gaskets with silicone and they haven't stuck since.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #9

I've wondered about these as well. Just a quick look while at the RV show and to me it doesn't look like they open up very wide. We currently have atrium windows and love all the fresh air the traditional windows allow to flow through the trailer. Is this the true case or is it operator error?

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #10

The flush mounts do not open very wide. They swing out maybe 4 inches (haven't measured) when looking at models that have them. They are coming with the Diamond package on our 8289WS along with the thermopane option.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #11

I have them on our 3025w leak like crazy ruined the counter top in the bedroom. three of the windows leak. picked up from dealer on friday after repair (4 weeks) took back this morning still leaking, spent more time going back and forth to dealer than using our new TT. I do like the look of the windows but don't think I would get them again.
Drichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #12

I have them and don't like them at all. They only open a couple of inches so don't allow for any draft.....wind would have to go UP to get inside. These are a big design flaw..they need to open a lot more....no cross breeze in my trailer. I'm trying to find a way to get them to open further.
~woman of the house.
GVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVJeeper View Post
I have them and don't like them at all. They only open a couple of inches so don't allow for any draft.....wind would have to go UP to get inside. These are a big design flaw..they need to open a lot more....no cross breeze in my trailer. I'm trying to find a way to get them to open further.
~woman of the house.
It isn't a design flaw. When you want the windows open during a rain storm, you will find they are well designed. I toiled about them on our new 2304s and decided not to get them. With all the rain we've had, they would have been nice!
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #14

I still think it's a flaw. If it's for when it's raining then they should call it a rain window. For airflow it sucks....which is why most, if not all, windows are made to open.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #15

I am not sure how far they should open, but there is a piece of aluminum or plastic in the window rail, I forget, that keeps them from opening wider. All you need to do is drill out the two rivets that hold the crank in, slide the arm out of the rail in the window and cut the spacer slide everything back together and re rivet the crank in.
I had a window that had the roller out of the rail. Two rivets and five minutes I had it fixed. That is how I realized they are limited with a piece in the rail.
Maybe not a good description but a really simple design.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #16

I totally understand your answer and can drill out the rivets but I've never put rivets in again. Is that hard to do? Where do I start?
Thanks so far!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Instead of adding Fru Fru-Is that even a word?-The money would be better spent on improving quality.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrumm View Post
I am not sure how far they should open, but there is a piece of aluminum or plastic in the window rail, I forget, that keeps them from opening wider. All you need to do is drill out the two rivets that hold the crank in, slide the arm out of the rail in the window and cut the spacer slide everything back together and re rivet the crank in.
I had a window that had the roller out of the rail. Two rivets and five minutes I had it fixed. That is how I realized they are limited with a piece in the rail.
Maybe not a good description but a really simple design.
The reason for the limit is to prevent the glass at the top from digging into the fiberglass wall, be careful if you remove it.
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #19

Good point ...I haven't done anything with mine just wasn't sure why they don't open more.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #20

I just got a rivet gun from Home Depot and watched a great YouTube video. Looks like a minor project. I'm not sure what is Fru-Fru here? I'm also replacing some of the shades with Levelor because I hate having to sometimes use two hands to raise or lower them...some are hard to reach with just one hand.
Thanks for all the input!!!
~lady of the house