Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 28
Part of the draw to camping and roaming around in a trailer... My wife and I feel the same way... we just haven't reached that place in life where we can just take off! But... with the kids all being freshly graduated into life WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!!
__________________

__________________
sleblanc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 41
bought another?

The reason I clicked on this post was to see how someone could actually make a mistake twice in 1 life time. As far as "buying cheep" produces "cheep" product. I spent $90,000 on our cardinal 5th wheel. I guess next time I'm in the market I'll wait till they raise the price to $150,000 so I can get something that will make it through 1 season without falling apart. Thanks for informing me I'm just too cheap for my own good.
__________________

__________________
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London, Kentucky
Posts: 368
sam2424, I do not know your story, and am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, however, I would wager that your problems are with your dealer not FR.
Many FR owners will tell you to go straight to FR with problems that become nightmares at the dealer level. You will find owners who have had their RV, in or out of the warranty period, repaired or completely rebuilt at the factory.
Search for the warranty person at the Cardinal plant, contact them like they were a friend and patiently wait for them to solve your problems.

Travel safe
__________________
2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC Dually, 7.3 Diesel
2011 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Bought another Forest River

I'm on my third forest river product in 10 years!

First was a 2005 flagstaff 831bhss tt that had zero issues in the 5 years I owned it.

Second was a 2010 Sabre 32bhok-6 5th wheel that we Owned 5 years with minor issues
Heat duct engineering issue.
Bedroom slide issue.
And a few minor things that was either fixed at the dealer or at the goshen rally.

3rd unit is a 2015 Columbus 320rs
Had it since October and used it two weekends and so far we only had a piece of trim that needed nailed down during pdi.

Time will tell but I have the utmost confidence that this unit will be like the others, very few and minor issues!


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
sam2424, I do not know your story, and am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, however, I would wager that your problems are with your dealer not FR.
Many FR owners will tell you to go straight to FR with problems that become nightmares at the dealer level. You will find owners who have had their RV, in or out of the warranty period, repaired or completely rebuilt at the factory.
Search for the warranty person at the Cardinal plant, contact them like they were a friend and patiently wait for them to solve your problems.

Travel safe
I almost put FR on rapid dial of my phone. I called the dealer and FR every day for an entire 2 weeks (and that was after waiting 2 months for them to take responsibility naturally). It was only after a registered letter sent from my attorney and treat of law suit was several problems (6 in all) resolved. This warranty work was not dealers fault (with the exception of not being able to get FR to approve work). It was things like ceiling tile coming off ceiling, window blinds falling off windows, retractable RV not coming all the way up, release valves on waste water rusting shut ect. These things all happen after only a couple of trips. The original post was right. Cheap materials make cheap units. I just didn't realize $90,000 was considered cheap.
__________________
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 28
Maybe yours was the made after lunch on Friday during Oktoberfest... 90K is a lot for 5th wheel so obviously you did not buy and entry level unit. Right is right and wrong is wrong and the squeaky wheel usually gets greased... but sometimes you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Maybe they are just picking on you.
__________________
sleblanc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2424 View Post
I almost put FR on rapid dial of my phone. I called the dealer and FR every day for an entire 2 weeks (and that was after waiting 2 months for them to take responsibility naturally). It was only after a registered letter sent from my attorney and treat of law suit was several problems (6 in all) resolved. This warranty work was not dealers fault (with the exception of not being able to get FR to approve work). It was things like ceiling tile coming off ceiling, window blinds falling off windows, retractable RV not coming all the way up, release valves on waste water rusting shut ect. These things all happen after only a couple of trips. The original post was right. Cheap materials make cheap units. I just didn't realize $90,000 was considered cheap.
Man that doesnt sound fun. Do you have a thread here outlining your troubles I'd like to read that. Were all these problems present at the PDI or they just crept up during the warranty period? My experience was completely opposite. FR was great with my only minor problem, my dealer was even better. I had a small cabinet issue, FR sent the part to the dealer within 3 days and my dealer drove to my house and fixed it for me, instead of me bringing the TT there.

Do you still have the unit and how is it treating you now?
__________________
2018 XLR Nitro 36T15
2015 GMC 3500 6.6/Allison

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
Man that doesnt sound fun. Do you have a thread here outlining your troubles I'd like to read that. Were all these problems present at the PDI or they just crept up during the warranty period? My experience was completely opposite. FR was great with my only minor problem, my dealer was even better. I had a small cabinet issue, FR sent the part to the dealer within 3 days and my dealer drove to my house and fixed it for me, instead of me bringing the TT there.

Do you still have the unit and how is it treating you now?
The problems mentioned wasn't my only problems, but I repaired them myself. It wasn't that I wanted to (after spending that much money), but I bought it last March (2015) and I had no desire to let the dealer have it during the summer. So I fixed the things that absolutely needed fixing to continue camping through the summer making note of the things that could wait till later. Our final camping trip of 2015 was over in mid October so the very next day I took it to my dealer to get numerous thing put back together from traveling down the road during the summer. From March to October we had went on 6 adventures (Gettysburg, Gatlinburg, Nashville, and the other 3 were just around my state locally). The dealer advised me they were running about 3 weeks behind, but it should only take a day or 2 to actually do the work. I waited 2 months and hadn't heard from dealer. I wasn't any hurry, but I was just curious, plus I wanted to get unit into storage before the snow flew. Dealer advised me that FR had OKed 3 of the repairs and was waiting for approval for the other 3. I waited another week and was told the same thing again. So I called FR. They informed me that the dealer hadn't requested any warranty work to be preformed on that unit. Somebody was lieing to me. So for the next 2 weeks I would call the dealer and soon as I got done with that call, I would call FR. Still nothing was being done. So I contacted my lawyer and he advised both the dealer and FR what we would be seeking in damages if not returned (fixed) within in a certain time line. Magically FR and dealer started calling me. Within 3 days after the letter was sent my unit was ready to be picked up. You asked if everything has worked out since then. Well I can't say in was late December when I got unit back home and it has been in storage ever since. I informed FR after the entire situation was over that no company is better than their worse employee. And for them not to expect another dime from me and that I would give them as much advertisement as I could. (such as this post)
__________________
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2424 View Post
The problems mentioned wasn't my only problems, but I repaired them myself. It wasn't that I wanted to (after spending that much money), but I bought it last March (2015) and I had no desire to let the dealer have it during the summer. So I fixed the things that absolutely needed fixing to continue camping through the summer making note of the things that could wait till later. Our final camping trip of 2015 was over in mid October so the very next day I took it to my dealer to get numerous thing put back together from traveling down the road during the summer. From March to October we had went on 6 adventures (Gettysburg, Gatlinburg, Nashville, and the other 3 were just around my state locally). The dealer advised me they were running about 3 weeks behind, but it should only take a day or 2 to actually do the work. I waited 2 months and hadn't heard from dealer. I wasn't any hurry, but I was just curious, plus I wanted to get unit into storage before the snow flew. Dealer advised me that FR had OKed 3 of the repairs and was waiting for approval for the other 3. I waited another week and was told the same thing again. So I called FR. They informed me that the dealer hadn't requested any warranty work to be preformed on that unit. Somebody was lieing to me. So for the next 2 weeks I would call the dealer and soon as I got done with that call, I would call FR. Still nothing was being done. So I contacted my lawyer and he advised both the dealer and FR what we would be seeking in damages if not returned (fixed) within in a certain time line. Magically FR and dealer started calling me. Within 3 days after the letter was sent my unit was ready to be picked up. You asked if everything has worked out since then. Well I can't say in was late December when I got unit back home and it has been in storage ever since. I informed FR after the entire situation was over that no company is better than their worse employee. And for them not to expect another dime from me and that I would give them as much advertisement as I could. (such as this post)
Wow, it almost seems like the problem was with the dealer, if the dealer told you 3 had been ok-d but then FR said no warranty work was requested it seems like the dealer may have been busy and not actually made any requests. It does seem like most were small fixes and it seems like it "should" be good to go now. I understand the frustration but to say buying a FR is a mistake anyone can say that about any brand, all brands have problems and warranty work.

Maybe Im more easy going but you got to use the unit all summer, the time spent in the shop was winter and non-camping months (free storage) and the repairs were covered and got done. I see that as a win but I guess Im laid back about things.

Hopefully it treats you better this camping season.
__________________

__________________
2018 XLR Nitro 36T15
2015 GMC 3500 6.6/Allison

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.