Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietzldub View Post
Yes thanks, we definitely thought about that. We think we did pretty good on the purchasing price. We ran NADA with the items it has and it was much higher than what we paid. Not sure what others have paid for 2017 3006WK’s. Based on what we saw used 2016, and 2017’s going for, we got it much less then anything we had seen used going for. So we feel pretty good based on that.
Many who use NADA, add value for things that are standard or mandatory, therefore getting overvalued NADA numbers.
So you need to look at how you figured the value. You don't add values for stoves, furnaces, entertainment systems, water heaters and so on because nearly come standard with those things.
You add value ONLY for true options or dealer add-ons.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Many who use NADA, add value for things that are standard or mandatory, therefore getting overvalued NADA numbers.
So you need to look at how you figured the value. You don't add values for stoves, furnaces, entertainment systems, water heaters and so on because nearly come standard with those things.
You add value ONLY for true options or dealer add-ons.
I need to see what actually comes standard and what the option are that came on it. It has two AC units, all the roof vents have covers on them, both slides have slide awnings.
Many simular units I saw only had one AC unit, no vent covers, or slide awnings. I need to get the list of items from CW so we can accurately see where we’re at. We paid $26500. Many used ones we saw were above $30000 for a 2017 some of those were private sellers. .
Dietzldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:02 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
I need to see what actually comes standard and what the option are that came on it. It has two AC units, all the roof vents have covers on them, both slides have slide awnings.
Many simular units I saw only had one AC unit, no vent covers, or slide awnings. I need to get the list of items from CW so we can accurately see where we’re at. We paid $26500. Many used ones we saw were above $30000 for a 2017 some of those were private sellers. .
Just Google "2017 Windjammer brochure". Numerous places have the download.
Looks like 2nd a/c is optional as is the 15k a/c.
Slide toppers are optional. Roof vent covers may be optional.
Your build sheet should have everything optional listed on it. Did CW not give you a copy?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 12-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #24

From what I see on the 2017 brochure we have the Diamond package. I'm trying to get the build sheet from CW. I'll be able to confirm when we pick it up Saturday.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:11 AM   #25

Quote:
From what I see on the 2017 brochure we have the Diamond package. I'm trying to get the build sheet from CW. I'll be able to confirm when we pick it up Saturday.
If your Windjammer is the beige color, you have the diamond package. If it is white, you do not. Your second A/C is an upgrade which also forces the 30 amp to 50 amp upgrade. You should have a 50 amp service. Your slide covers are upgrades. The vent cover and Maxxair fan for the bathroom vent is standard — any other covers are upgrades — if your other vents also have the Maxxair fans, those, too, are upgrades. You probably have many more upgrades that you haven’t listed or noticed yet.

It sounds like your Windjammer is pretty much maxed-out with options. I think you are getting a great deal!

Bruce
Old 12-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
If your Windjammer is the beige color, you have the diamond package. If it is white, you do not. Your second A/C is an upgrade which also forces the 30 amp to 50 amp upgrade. You should have a 50 amp service. Your slide covers are upgrades. The vent cover and Maxxair fan for the bathroom vent is standard — any other covers are upgrades — if your other vents also have the Maxxair fans, those, too, are upgrades. You probably have many more upgrades that you haven’t listed or noticed yet.

It sounds like your Windjammer is pretty much maxed-out with options. I think you are getting a great deal!

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, yes it’s beige color, and 50 amp, not real crazy about going to 50 amp, but I guess we will appreciate it in the summer. Can’t wait till Saturday!
Thank you for chiming in, it feels good to know we got a good deal. Maybe we bought at a good time too, I would think December is a little slower for RV sales.
Dietzldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #27

Quote:
If it truly is what Camping World told you, I would say you are getting a great deal. When we were buying ours I scoured the net for a couple of months before buying it, (actually before we selected the 3006wk floor plan, I had been scouring the net for 6-7 months). This would have been in 2015, buying a 2016, so not quite apples to apples but I remembered a web site that gave great pricing information and looking there it seems you did very well on the price.

The reason I mentioned if what Camping World told you was true, is because, we found a lot of RV Sales People will say a lot of BS to make the sale and I am not singling out CW. We went to a local dealer a few months ago looking at Class C's and some of the stuff they said were out right lies and they even contradicted themselves a few times.

Anyway, IMO you will be very happy with the 50 amp service if you camp in the sun in above 90 degrees or high humidity, one 15k unit doesn't cool the trailer down. It will also be nice to run more than 1 major appliance without worrying about tripping the main breaker. And when it is really cold no issues running a couple of electric space heaters at full blast.

Again, take a look at the tires and if they are Load D, look at the trailer weight rating decal and decide if the load rating for the tires don't give enough safety margin. It is very easy to load to the max in that trailer...

Here is a link to that website with pricing info:
https://seedealercost.com/recreation...wk--2017-26207

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #28

Gectisme,

I've never heard of that site before. If that's true I guess we did really well. I appreciate the experienced heads up with that particular model.

As far as the deal, we've already signed and will be picking up Saturday. The trailer was listed for $27,900. so I guess they really wanted to move that older "new" trailer before the first of the year.

I'll double check the tires, and see what I need to do. Hopefully we will be good to make the trip to Unicoi State Park, then I'll have plenty of time to get things done. I want to put the TPMS system on the wheels. My brother and brother inlaw have that system on their 5th wheels and love it.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #29

Picked up the Windjammer today. Love the trailer! It pulled real nice with the Equalizer hitch. I told them I wanted the 4 point sway control with the 12K bars. It has load range D tires that look in good shape, which gives us 10,000 lbs capacity, that gives us a thousand pound buffer. If these Castle Rocks get us through the holidays I planning on putting GY Endurance tires on there.

Now ready to start getting it set up. Lots of consideration on weight, we should be good though.

I'm going to go through the paces in the next couple days to verify the hitch and L brackets are set up correctly.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll get them up.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #30

Hey Sir,, Guess I am a little late to the party, but we have the E2 hitch with the round bars and the sway control and its worked great for us. Windjammer tows like a dream. We made our first trip after the pull home from the dealer in Alabama on the OE tires and then switched to Carlisle St higher load and speed rated 10 ply tires. They have been fantastic so far.. Been to the beach once and up in the mountains multiple times. We have the xtra fans AC and slide toppers as well but the hitch does a great job and it pulls like its not even back there. We love the trailer as its just perfect for us and Im sure you will love yours too !

Old 12-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #31

hensley

cant beat a hensley hitch....
Old 12-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #32

check

Have your wheel castle nuts checked #1,i dont care what kind of trailer it is,Lippert is known for not tightning them correctly...as for tires check simple tire.com and get tires with the highest ply rating you can...i went with saloun tires on mine and fell so much safer...
Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #33
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Picked up the Windjammer today. Love the trailer! It pulled real nice with the Equalizer hitch. I told them I wanted the 4 point sway control with the 12K bars. It has load range D tires that look in good shape, which gives us 10,000 lbs capacity, that gives us a thousand pound buffer. If these Castle Rocks get us through the holidays I planning on putting GY Endurance tires on there.

Now ready to start getting it set up. Lots of consideration on weight, we should be good though.

I'm going to go through the paces in the next couple days to verify the hitch and L brackets are set up correctly.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll get them up.
The GY Endurance tires are a good choice. Mine have been on my V-Lite now for 18 months and have 8000 miles on them. Sure made a difference on how the trailer handled and rolled easier. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:17 PM   #34
Retired O&G

Follow up on Windjammer

Enjoyed reviewing this thread, as I’m also about to hit the road in my recently purchased 2015 Windjammer 3008.

How has your TV/TT set-up held up to your expectations? Any problems with the V-nose handling characteristics? And how did your WDH work out?

Thanks
adamstee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:41 PM   #35

Windjammer pulls nice and no problems with the V-Nose. Actually mine is a 2015 and have had very few issues. I used to pull it with F150, but I upgraded to F250. Pulls really nice now. I use the Equalizer 12,000 WDH hitch and have had no issues. Thought about getting a newer trailer, but with the junk they are putting out now, figured I stick with the Windjammer. .
Aggie Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:50 PM   #36

2015 Windjammer

The Windjammer tows with no problem at all. The V-Nose is fine. I used to tow it with F150, but upgraded to F250,which pulls a lot better. WDH is a Equalizer 12,000 lb which is great for this trailer. Last year was thinking about trading it in for a newer trailer,but the junk they are putting out now, I’ll stick to this one with no problems.
Aggie Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:57 PM   #37
Retired O&G

Thumbs up 2015 Windjammer

Thanks for the reply Aggie Dad, Gig ‘em! Glad to hear you’re enjoying your Windjammer. Fellow Texan who retired from O&G in Dallas, moved to Coeur dAlene, Idaho 5years ago. Still have a lot of family down there and planning our first real road trip in April to see them. Thank you for your service and be safe out there👍
adamstee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstee View Post
Enjoyed reviewing this thread, as I’m also about to hit the road in my recently purchased 2015 Windjammer 3008.

How has your TV/TT set-up held up to your expectations? Any problems with the V-nose handling characteristics? And how did your WDH work out?

Thanks
Our Jammer has worked out just fine as well. We tow with our 1997 GMC Z-71 and use an Equal-I-Zer WDH and it has done well with it. We have had a lot of wind lately on our trips up north and that includes cross, head, and tail winds and have not had any problems towing in them (45mph+ gusts). Not that you don't have to watch the winds, but, that would be in a car as well. This is the 10th season of towing this TT (2013 model bought in 2012) and we are keeping this setup just as it is. We have been in some pretty rough storms and it has always done very well. I did have to rebuild the cabinet's inside structure (re-glue/re-screw - replacing staples/and re-brace) and we replaced all the shades with top-down/bottom up cellular shades (love them), including a blackout shade for the bedroom (prevents shadows from being seen from outside). This is probably the last TT we will buy and we plan to keep it (we store it in a cement floored barn) until we can't travel anymore and then give it to our kids. I figure with proper maintenance, it should last 25-30 years. BTW we started with another hitch setup and found it didn't work (sway) and, after one season bought the Equal-I-Zer and love it. When trucks come by us (we travel at 60mph) the truck and trailer move together as a unit and there is no sway of just the trailer. Haven't really touched the setup since making final adjustments about 8 years ago - just hook up and go. The V nose allows tighter turns (like backing into a site, too) as we have a cap on the truck, and does help with the wind effects on mileage. Also, I don't have to adjust or loosen anything to back into the sites when we get to the campground. Not sure what some are talking about noise on the hitch as we haven't heard much at all. We really like this trailer and the set-up.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:33 PM   #39
Retired O&G

Great info, thanks for sharing. When we first considered RVing we rented one for 5 days to try it out. The biggest problem was with the included Equal-I-Zer WDH, which was really loud and a bar would pop-out on any turn over 45 degrees…so frustrating. Later discovered that it was setup incorrectly for our TV. Considering the Eaz-Lift ReCurve 6 WDH, primarily because it won’t pop-out and is quite. Still researching!
Old 01-21-2022, 03:28 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstee View Post
Great info, thanks for sharing. When we first considered RVing we rented one for 5 days to try it out. The biggest problem was with the included Equal-I-Zer WDH, which was really loud and a bar would pop-out on any turn over 45 degrees…so frustrating. Later discovered that it was setup incorrectly for our TV. Considering the Eaz-Lift ReCurve 6 WDH, primarily because it won’t pop-out and is quite. Still researching!
Have you considered installing the Equal-i-zer Bracket Jackets?
My Equal-i-zer is 15 years old and it hasn't been noisy for years.

Tags
windjammer