Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #1

Brand new 2104s - bedding question

We just bought our first TT today! Picking it up Friday and of course I'm already thinking about all the cute accessories I can get for it!

I know the queen mattress is not the same size as what's in our bedroom at home, so I'm wondering where y'all get your sheets. We like nice ones, not outrageously expensive, but high enough thread count so they don't exfoliate you when you roll over!

Suggestions anyone?
SusanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #2

Regular queen is 60X80. What you've got is an RV "short" queen which is 60X74.

You can order RV queen sheets, or you can just use regular queen sheets and tuck them in a bit more under the mattress. You could also alter the fitted sheet to be 6 inches shorter just before the fitted elastic corners.
2013 RAM 2500 CTD
2018 Prime Time Crusader 319RKT
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #3

2104S

SusanO

Will be picking up my 2016 2104S on Thursday. I have been looking for a TT for my wife and I since we retired a year ago. It has a murphy bed which the wife likes. Have to please her you know. We will take it to a RV park next week for a dry run before heading on to Virginia Beach in late September. Hope to get all the bugs worked out before we go. Will not know if we got a lemon or not until after the trip based on comments (negative and positive) about TT's. Let me know what you think of you TT after camping it.
danield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #4

I have a 2306 with the same mattress. I would highly recommend a foam topper along with your new sheets. We use a 4" topper and the bed will still fold up just fine, even with the blankets and pillows.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
I have a 2306 with the same mattress. I would highly recommend a foam topper along with your new sheets. We use a 4" topper and the bed will still fold up just fine, even with the blankets and pillows.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax

We did the same thing! A 4" topper from Costco and standard sheets work out great. The topper makes all the difference on sleeping comfort. It does require some gymnastics to climb onto the taller bed though. ;-)

'09 BMW X5 xDrive35D (TV)
'15 Porsche Cayenne Diesel (Wife's)
'15 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB (TT)
MudyOvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

FR Mattress

I bought my 304BH Cherokee in March. 60x74 mattress lasted about three weeks before I was sleeping in a hole. (I am a full timer.) FR replaced it after I sent about a zillion pictures to them trough the dealer. The second one lasted about two weeks before I was having to climb out of a hole to get to the alarm clock. I chunked 'em both and installed a real quality 60x80 mattress and am happy now. When I was trying to use the 60x74 ones, I installed a 6"x6"x60" piece of foam at the head under the pillows. (Requires that your model have extra room at the foot.) Had to or my 6'-1" frame wouldn't fit in the bed. lol Not sure why RV manufacturers assume that consumers are short? I need to stretch out in the bed and stand up in the shower just like folks with wheel less houses. :-) (I have yet to install a 1x6 at the foot of the bed to support the edge of the mattress. Will help hold the sheets at the foot too.)
Hank2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #7

We have the nice mattress with springs already in it, so just added a memory foam to top for comfort. BUT...for sheets... I just buy those elastic stretchy things. to pull sheets (and blankets) tightly around corners. WORKS FANTASTIC!!

ANOTHER trick I've discovered.... when its hard to get up to head of bed (tight fit), I just slide entire mattress down... off its support at the feet. Makes it much easier to get to the head of mattress for working on those corners at the head!!
livinontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #8

I had a short queen in my previous TT. Went to IKEA and bought a full size queen and put it on top of it. Slid the short queen down 6" and mated it at the foot of the bed. Standard size queen sheets now and Oh so comfortable. It's now 8 years old and in my new TT too. BTW, wife was in car accident 8 years ago, messed up discs. We bought the same IKEA mattress in the house since that time as well. Yes, I bought two of them and no regrets at all
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I had a short queen in my previous TT. Went to IKEA and bought a full size queen and put it on top of it. Slid the short queen down 6" and mated it at the foot of the bed. Standard size queen sheets now and Oh so comfortable. It's now 8 years old and in my new TT too. BTW, wife was in car accident 8 years ago, messed up discs. We bought the same IKEA mattress in the house since that time as well. Yes, I bought two of them and no regrets at all
I'm not sure they could fold up TWO mattresses in the Murphy bed.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danield View Post
SusanO

Will be picking up my 2016 2104S on Thursday. I have been looking for a TT for my wife and I since we retired a year ago. It has a murphy bed which the wife likes. Have to please her you know. We will take it to a RV park next week for a dry run before heading on to Virginia Beach in late September. Hope to get all the bugs worked out before we go. Will not know if we got a lemon or not until after the trip based on comments (negative and positive) about TT's. Let me know what you think of you TT after camping it.
Most people will complain quicker than post a good review. Look at the number of members here and compare that number to the not so glowing reviews. On the other hand - one lemon is one too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanO View Post
We just bought our first TT today! Picking it up Friday and of course I'm already thinking about all the cute accessories I can get for it!

I know the queen mattress is not the same size as what's in our bedroom at home, so I'm wondering where y'all get your sheets. We like nice ones, not outrageously expensive, but high enough thread count so they don't exfoliate you when you roll over!

Suggestions anyone?
I brought a mattress-in-a-box from WalMart and I use regular sheets. I just ttuck in the extra material.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #11

We've had a 2104s since the end of May. We added an egg crate foam topper and matress pad. We use the elastic straps to tighten the corners like another member mentioned. No problem closing the murphy bed. We really enjoy our camper, lots of room for the three of us. Enjoy.
2014 Silverado 1500
retireclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:37 PM   #12

Yup 4" memory foam topper and sheets fit great. Great sleep
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #13

We equipped our Flagstaff from these guys:

RV linens & Camper bedding: Sheet sets, mattresses, bedspreads & more. USA made

Their 300 thread count sheet set is extremely soft and comfortable... I sleep better in the camper than I do at home. :-)

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #14
2016 Rockwood Ultra-Lite

One of the first things we did was to pull out the bed, put in a 7"X7"X60" piece of foam rubber at the head, add plywood "ears" extensions at the wooden frame bottom to help support the added length of the bed (They fit on each side of the bed-lift handle). Now we have a 60'X81" bed that uses regular queen sheets. 2608 came with the Serta matress, and it is very comfortable. My old long body now has plenty of room in the bed now and we can still get around the bottom of the bed OK, and it lifts up OK too.

radarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, bed