Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 71
Brand new 2104s - bedding question

We just bought our first TT today! Picking it up Friday and of course I'm already thinking about all the cute accessories I can get for it!

I know the queen mattress is not the same size as what's in our bedroom at home, so I'm wondering where y'all get your sheets. We like nice ones, not outrageously expensive, but high enough thread count so they don't exfoliate you when you roll over!

Suggestions anyone?
__________________

__________________
SusanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 246
Regular queen is 60X80. What you've got is an RV "short" queen which is 60X74.

You can order RV queen sheets, or you can just use regular queen sheets and tuck them in a bit more under the mattress. You could also alter the fitted sheet to be 6 inches shorter just before the fitted elastic corners.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ford F-150 3.7L V6 -- SOLD
2007 Rockwood 1640 LTD Popup -- SOLD
2004 Bantam 19 HTT -- SOLD
2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pearcy Arkansas
Posts: 25
2104S

SusanO

Will be picking up my 2016 2104S on Thursday. I have been looking for a TT for my wife and I since we retired a year ago. It has a murphy bed which the wife likes. Have to please her you know. We will take it to a RV park next week for a dry run before heading on to Virginia Beach in late September. Hope to get all the bugs worked out before we go. Will not know if we got a lemon or not until after the trip based on comments (negative and positive) about TT's. Let me know what you think of you TT after camping it.
__________________
danield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
53flattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 215
I have a 2306 with the same mattress. I would highly recommend a foam topper along with your new sheets. We use a 4" topper and the bed will still fold up just fine, even with the blankets and pillows.


2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
__________________
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Northern Alabama
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
I have a 2306 with the same mattress. I would highly recommend a foam topper along with your new sheets. We use a 4" topper and the bed will still fold up just fine, even with the blankets and pillows.


2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax

We did the same thing! A 4" topper from Costco and standard sheets work out great. The topper makes all the difference on sleeping comfort. It does require some gymnastics to climb onto the taller bed though. ;-)
__________________
Chris D.

'09 BMW X5 xDrive35D (TV)
'05 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's)
'15 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB (TT)
MudyOvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Hank2355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 17
FR Mattress

I bought my 304BH Cherokee in March. 60x74 mattress lasted about three weeks before I was sleeping in a hole. (I am a full timer.) FR replaced it after I sent about a zillion pictures to them trough the dealer. The second one lasted about two weeks before I was having to climb out of a hole to get to the alarm clock. I chunked 'em both and installed a real quality 60x80 mattress and am happy now. When I was trying to use the 60x74 ones, I installed a 6"x6"x60" piece of foam at the head under the pillows. (Requires that your model have extra room at the foot.) Had to or my 6'-1" frame wouldn't fit in the bed. lol Not sure why RV manufacturers assume that consumers are short? I need to stretch out in the bed and stand up in the shower just like folks with wheel less houses. :-) (I have yet to install a 1x6 at the foot of the bed to support the edge of the mattress. Will help hold the sheets at the foot too.)
__________________
Hank2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 17
We have the nice mattress with springs already in it, so just added a memory foam to top for comfort. BUT...for sheets... I just buy those elastic stretchy things. to pull sheets (and blankets) tightly around corners. WORKS FANTASTIC!!

ANOTHER trick I've discovered.... when its hard to get up to head of bed (tight fit), I just slide entire mattress down... off its support at the feet. Makes it much easier to get to the head of mattress for working on those corners at the head!!
__________________
livinontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
jeff64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 909
I had a short queen in my previous TT. Went to IKEA and bought a full size queen and put it on top of it. Slid the short queen down 6" and mated it at the foot of the bed. Standard size queen sheets now and Oh so comfortable. It's now 8 years old and in my new TT too. BTW, wife was in car accident 8 years ago, messed up discs. We bought the same IKEA mattress in the house since that time as well. Yes, I bought two of them and no regrets at all
__________________
2016 Flagstaff 27VRL Emerald
14K Equalizer
2014 GMC 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I had a short queen in my previous TT. Went to IKEA and bought a full size queen and put it on top of it. Slid the short queen down 6" and mated it at the foot of the bed. Standard size queen sheets now and Oh so comfortable. It's now 8 years old and in my new TT too. BTW, wife was in car accident 8 years ago, messed up discs. We bought the same IKEA mattress in the house since that time as well. Yes, I bought two of them and no regrets at all
I'm not sure they could fold up TWO mattresses in the Murphy bed.
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 PM   #10
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by danield View Post
SusanO

Will be picking up my 2016 2104S on Thursday. I have been looking for a TT for my wife and I since we retired a year ago. It has a murphy bed which the wife likes. Have to please her you know. We will take it to a RV park next week for a dry run before heading on to Virginia Beach in late September. Hope to get all the bugs worked out before we go. Will not know if we got a lemon or not until after the trip based on comments (negative and positive) about TT's. Let me know what you think of you TT after camping it.
Most people will complain quicker than post a good review. Look at the number of members here and compare that number to the not so glowing reviews. On the other hand - one lemon is one too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanO View Post
We just bought our first TT today! Picking it up Friday and of course I'm already thinking about all the cute accessories I can get for it!

I know the queen mattress is not the same size as what's in our bedroom at home, so I'm wondering where y'all get your sheets. We like nice ones, not outrageously expensive, but high enough thread count so they don't exfoliate you when you roll over!

Suggestions anyone?
I brought a mattress-in-a-box from WalMart and I use regular sheets. I just ttuck in the extra material.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
210, bed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.