Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

Broken Antenna

Got back from camping today and was trying to find out why my Concertone system is causing the surround sound speakers to go in and out while watching TV. Because of this, I had the antenna up. Never could figure out what was wrong with the Concertone, but I forgot to put the antenna down before I backed the 5th wheel under the RV port. It broke off at the base. I think I can fix it by just installing a new base. But I don't know what model Winegard antenna it is. The 5th wheel is a 2008 8526 Rockwood. I think it is a Sensor III and that uses a 3523 base I think. Anyone know what antenna's Forest River was installing on Rockwoods in 2008?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #2

I got the 3523 base plate and new worm gear. It was the correct base plate. I cut the worm gear the same lenght as the old gear and screwed it in with the antenna in the down position. Put some plumbers putty on underside of base and screwed the base down. What's strange is that the hex end of the worm gear sticks down through the roof too far now and I'm going to have to cut off some more of it. I screwed the new worm gear in tight. The old worm gear wasn't screwed in that tight. Maybe that's the reason for the extra lenght. I checked the operation of the antenna, and it raises and lowers fine. After I cut some more of the worm gear off, all I'll have to do is caulk the base plate, and I'll be done.

Tags
antenna