Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #1

Cable TV Help

Hello
We are at our first campground with Cable TV
I have the cable hooked up and to cable side on the outside of camper and put tv on cable and nothing.
What am I missing.
Thank you
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
Hello
We are at our first campground with Cable TV
I have the cable hooked up and to cable side on the outside of camper and put tv on cable and nothing.
What am I missing.
Thank you
Make sure the green light is off on the power pad, light is for antenna then run a auto scan for cable .
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Yes...

You have to turn OFF the antenna amplifier, then go into the menu of the TV and change the input from 'antenna' to 'cable'...then you have to run a channel scan to find the cable channels.

Don't expect an HD picture...you'll most likely get an SD picture, unless the campground provided you with a cable box.

Please report back and let us know.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:57 AM   #4

I actually got so fed up with trying to get cable TV at campgrounds that have cable hook-up and ran a "home run" cable straight from the outside cable connector to the TV itself. No more fooling around with whether a certain button is pushed or IF a splitter was or was not in line. Now it's just hook up to the cable connection at the CG and watch TV. Well, that is IF the CG's cable system is working.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
I actually got so fed up with trying to get cable TV at campgrounds that have cable hook-up and ran a "home run" cable straight from the outside cable connector to the TV itself. No more fooling around with whether a certain button is pushed or IF a splitter was or was not in line. Now it's just hook up to the cable connection at the CG and watch TV. Well, that is IF the CG's cable system is working.
You must only have one TV in your rig...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable