Old 05-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #11
There is plenty of mods for 2109s. We added shelves under vanity, the closet next to entrance door. Also under kitchen sink.
Do you have the false door under the entertainment access cabinet. Our 2012 does, I change it to an operable cabinet. ( good place for liquor and DVDs). The shower mods were a must, they keep the water in.
I request factory parts for cabinet hardware, pretty reasonable pricing so everything matches. Added a fold down door with my overhead storage in the slide.
Change all my exterior locks, many TT have same keyed locks. Found this out from my friending camping neighbor who open my exterior storage panel with his key.
I changed all my lights to LED through Added new LED with interior switch to awning 120 with all parts and mounting rail from factory.
Next big thing adding passthrough compartment LED lights.
That's a few mods

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

10Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:19 AM   #12
this is what we use for the shampoo/conditioner products mounted to shower wall:

The Dispenser - 3 Chamber - Better Living 72344 - Bathroom Accessories - Camping World

2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
We created a wooden cover for the burners of the stove to increase our counter space.

We also installed wire shelves in the wardrobe next to the fridge.

We use over the door hooks for towel storage, a 4 hook one on the bathroom side, and a single hook on the kitchen side.

We use a wire freestanding rack in the cabinet under the stove.

And instead of the shower guards others have mentioned, we just ran a SUPER large bead of caulk in that location. We made sure it filled the small channel between the shower pan and the shower walls. we then hooked the bead back into the shower pan area, so any water would travel down that and get back into the shower pan.

To combat the shower curtain attacking us when we shower, we actually have 2 curtains hanging there now. a longer brown one from walmart that I modified on the bottom to make the side by the shower drain shorter and not interfere with the drain (sewed it at the bottom at an angle), and then the stock one on the inside. When they get wet they stick together and don't attack you.

Oh, yeah, this past winter my fiance created a bracket for the slide motor because we had a small problem with it shearing a bolt out when we were packing up from one of our boondocking adventures.

That said, we love our camper. We've looked at so many before and after our purchase and none have the features that the 2109 does that we now realize are the most important to us!
2010 Dodge 1500 (5.7 Hemi w/tow package)
2013 Mini Lite 2109s
2013 Night camped: 21
2014 Nights Camped: 15
ld_engnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #14
Amazing mods! Thank you and please keep them coming.
Randy & Liz
Edmond, OK

2014 Rockwood 2109s
2008 Dodge Ram 1500, Crewcab, 4.7Ltr, 2WD
2014 Camping Nights = 0
Randy-OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
We each have a bathroom tote similar to this...and it fits in our closets next to the bed.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431054236.643568.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	76412

Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #16
2016 Rockwood Ultra-Lite
By the way, even if you have an enclosed type of shower with a door and not a curtain, always caulk all around with clear silicon. Every joint should be caulked from the inside and maybe inside and outside. The factory usually does a poor job of assembling tubs/showers and rely on flimsy rubber gaskets.
Jim and Connie w/3 lb. Chihuahua= Nugget
2016 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2608WS
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #17
A good storage rack for the bathroom is a corner shelving unit with 4 adjustable wire shelves. I installed it in the corner behind the toilet. The bottom shelf is handy for holding the toilet paper roll. I did not want to rely just on the spring pressure to hold it in place so I mounted a plastic P clamp near the top of the rod.
We went with the shower guards and a plastic curtain. The cloth curtain let the shower water come through.
I put in 2 plywood shelves in the closet next to my side of the bed. My DW prefers to hang her clothes but I like to fold mine on shelves. I have a box on the top shelf that holds underwear & socks.
I mounted a 2nd battery on the back bumper behind the spare tire. I posted a photo of this previously. The 10 gauge wire from the battery runs along the back of the 2104 before it goes into the power panel so tapping into the 12v power line is fairly easy. I stripped insulation off the red 10 gauge wire and soldered the + wire from the 2nd battery to it. The negative gets grounded to the frame. I used a bolt on the corner jack for a ground.
2015 Rockwood MiniLite 2109S
2012 Nissan Frontier V-6
Blue Ox SwayPro hitch
BruceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:20 AM   #18
You guys have done some great modifications and I appreciate you sharing them. We have heeded much of your advice. We installed a plastic shower curtain on the outside of the cloth one. The plastic keeps the water in and the cloth one keeps the plastic from clinging onto us. We have the tall splash guard and will install it soon. I will use sealant to install it and silicone my shower as well. We also purchased corner four-shelf spring-loaded unit and like the P-clamp suggestion. Thank you all.

What has anyone done below the bathroom sink mirror? I plan to remove the soap and toothbrush holder and install something more useful........
Randy & Liz
Edmond, OK

2014 Rockwood 2109s
2008 Dodge Ram 1500, Crewcab, 4.7Ltr, 2WD
2014 Camping Nights = 0
Randy-OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Roll out drawer for your outside storage area.

Pretty Cool OC, boy you carry a lot of stuff which model 5er is that

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #20
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Pretty Cool OC, boy you carry a lot of stuff which model 5er is that?
2012 Flagstaff 8528RKWS, but have made them for several other model 5ers

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote

camper, modifications