Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #1

Camper trips ground fault

Our Rockwood Mini Light just started tripping the 30 amp ground fault circuit in my shop. I thought maybe the circuit breaker was weak so I replaced it ($40). It tripped the brand new circuit breaker. I I un plug the camper the plug is fine. If I put a 20amp adapter on the camper plug and plug it into a 20amp plug it works.

I did just have it at the dealer for some warranty work (replaced the micro wave, replaced oven burner and replaced the connector on the end of the coax for the crank up ant).

It did not do it before the warranty work it the work that was done would not seem likely to cause this. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer who is almost 3 hour round trip from my home.
Dulcimer Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #2

If you replaced the microwave, I'd check that. Unplug the unit and see what happens.
Scatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Jack of All Trades

RV's and GFCI's don't mix well -sort of like gasoline and fire. Connect your RV to a non-GFCI receptical.
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser View Post
RV's and GFCI's don't mix well -sort of like gasoline and fire. Connect your RV to a non-GFCI receptical.
x2, it has been discussed here several times, this thread being the last I remember, http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/almost-total-electrical-failure-17221.html#post138969.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #5

Your trailer has a GFCI in it and two GFCI on the same circuit will not work. That is why you keep tripping the one in the shop.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote