Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #1

Camping with 2104S

Wife and I purchased a 2104S in early September and have taken it camping in for about 3 weeks now. We stayed at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs Arkansas for several days to shake down the TT and get comfortable with it. We left from home (Pearcy Arkansas) and stopped overnight in a KOA just outside of Knoxville, TN. On to Virginia Beach for the Neptune Festival for 4 days. Then to Bull Run Regional Park in Manassas, VA for several days. Then down to Allardt Tennessee for the Annual Pumpkin Festival and arts and craft show and back home. A total of 2400 miles. We pulled the TT with our TV (2014 Ram Quad Cab 1500, The TV pulled the TT fined except when going up the mountains in Tennessee and Virginia. The temperature and pressure gauge for the oil read at its highest (245 and 45lbs) which concerned me when going up the hills but leveled off as we got to level highway. I did not use the cruise control but kept a light foot on the gas pedal to avoid constant downshifting up the hills. Worked okay. Using 89 octane with 10% ethanol I averaged 10mpg. Friend advised me later to use the highest octane (ethanol free if possible) and I would get better gas mileage and more power. Maybe next time. Only issue I can say for TT is the condensation in the storage cabinets about the bed (Murphy Bed). Remedy was a portable dehumidifier. The Murphy Bed (with 4" mattress cover) was just find for my wife and I. We cooked out on the gas grilled that came with the camper and had no problems with it mounted on the side of the camper. With the slide out, we had plenty of room to sit, eat and watch TV. It is a small TT but for two people, it fits us just fine. We are happy with out TT and look forward to more trips.
danield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Learning a lot as I go...

Next time you see the temperature gauge climb... slow down and drop down a gear. On the biggest baddest grades on I-5 my F-150 Ecoboost will pull my 30' 2604WS up pretty much at the speed limit. But if I do that it does start to overheat. If I slow down to 45 like the truckers and drop a gear I can watch the guage drop.
stevejahr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, camping