Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #1

Camping World of Oxford Anniston, AL

I just want to warn anyone in the area of this Camping World of how I have been treated. This is a long complaint which I have filed with Camping World, Good Sams Club, Forest River and now in this forum - just really pissed.

I have been absolutely frustrated with this Camping world from the day we picked up our camper. We picked out a 2016 Windjammer 3025W with the Diamond package. The next week when we arrived to pick up the camper, we waited for over an hour to begin the walk-thru. It wasn't until the exterior walk-thru was complete when we entered the camper only to find out they prepped the wrong camper. The salesman actually wrote down the wrong stock number. So, now we have to wait for several more hours while they install a TV and prep the correct camper. But let me go back to the guy doing the walk thru on the wrong camper, he actually broke the power plug door on the camper during the walk-thru and just said "ah that doesn't matter"! So now while they are rushing a prep on the correct camper, we sit down with a guy in Finance to do the paperwork. He screwed up the paperwork 5 times! Yes, we actually had to sign multiple documents 5 separate times. Not only did he continue to get the stock number incorrect, he misdated the apps repeatedly. It took two hours just to do paperwork! While we were watching them prep the correct camper, I saw one of the service techs pull the power cord and drop it on the ground. I did not know then, but when he did this he broke the O-ring on the cord that screws onto the camper. We arrived at camping world at 9:30 AM and did not pull out of camping world until 5:30 PM - unbelievable. So, we go camping and make our list of items that need repair. I took the camper in a month ago. The authorization request for the warranty work hasn’t even been done yet. The service tech – did not even document the broken power cord O-ring – he tagged it with Tape, but failed to document, therefore not replaced. When I spoke with him today, he stated that he would have to send an authorization request in for replacement. I asked that he just exchange it with another camper on the lot and then request that to be replaced. He stated no. I spent a great deal of money at this camping world and I feel that I have been crapped on. This is the most inept business I have ever dealt with. If I could have found that specific camper locally I would have bought locally, but this camping world was the only one that had it in stock and it was three hours away. After I pick up my unfinished camper tomorrow, I will never, ever return to this camping world. I will do my very best to discourage anyone else from doing business with this camping world. This place and its people absolutely suck.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

That camping world is not alone in providing BAD customer service. I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I had a bad experience with CW in Hanover PA. My trailer will never darken their doors again. Ask FR for names of a different dealer for warranty repairs. Hopefully you will get lucky and find a good one. I have not yet. Keep the faith and enjoy your camper and get it fixed. As far as the power cord take a picture and send it to FR warranty dept. have them ship you a new one to your door. They did this for me for broken chain. Screen door and a warped cabinet door.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

What a great idea. Thank you I will do that.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

I am stunned. I also posted this complaint on the Good Sams Club forum and within minutes was asked to PM a "rapid response coordinator" regarding the issue. I did and he informed me he was going to present the issue to his "leadership". Within 1 1/2 hours I received a call from the dealership Manager. He told me he got a call and read my complaint. He apologized immensely and told me he was taking a power cord from another camper on the lot and replacing mine. I was impressed and yes, stunned. Still going to get it tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #5

Congrats!! I hope that will finish off your list of items.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Sorry to hear about your issues with CW however thee are numerous folks here that have had bad experiences from them. Sounds like things coming around after your post on GS forum. This good to hear. It's seems like all the good dealers are being bought out by bigger folks and it goes down hill from there. We had a very good dealer here and they where bought out last year by Campers Inn down hill now. Never will I go back. Hope you enjoy your Windjamer . Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your problems and glad to hear they have been addressed/fixed.
Many people have experienced as bad or worse. I believe this was/is a indication of the future with this location and if you had not completed the transaction as you indicated I would have walked out and purchased from somewhere else.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #8

1st ~~ never stop with a tech if unhappy, not a work order writer, or even the service mgr. The General Mgr oversees the entire operation. I have met 2 GMs at CWs, not with complaints, but am impressed with both. Before purchasing at CW Myrtle Beach (I work with the internet manager) I met the service mgr and sales mgr. I had questions for the service mgr before both purchases there. Only good things to say about CW in Myrtle so far.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 AM   #9

Sorry to say, but- NEVER EVER BUY AN RV FROM CAMPING WORLD! Have yet to hear of a satisfied customer who bought there. It's alright for their way over-priced accessories and goodies, but that's about it. And never, ever take your RV to them for any kind of work. I have a friend who bought a new fridge from them, and they charged him shipping from one Camping World to the one he was at! This pretty much decides it for me; I will not re-up with Good Sam. I sure hope you get everything fixed the way it's supposed to be. Good luck...
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #10

[QUOTE=RusLwt001;1094965]I just want to warn anyone in the area of this Camping World of how I have been treated. This is a long complaint which I have filed with Camping World, Good Sams Club, Forest River and now in this forum - just really pissed.

I have been absolutely frustrated with this Camping world from the day we picked up our camper. We picked out a 2016 Windjammer 3025W with the Diamond package. The next week when we arrived to pick up the camper, we waited for over an hour to begin the walk-thru. It wasn't until the exterior walk-thru was complete when we entered the camper only to find out they prepped the wrong camper. The salesman actually wrote down the wrong stock number. So, now we have to wait for several more hours while they install a TV and prep the correct camper. But let me go back to the guy doing the walk thru on the wrong camper, he actually broke the power plug door on the camper during the walk-thru and just said "ah that doesn't matter"! So now while they are rushing a prep on the correct camper, we sit down with a guy in Finance to do the paperwork. He screwed up the paperwork 5 times! Yes, we actually had to sign multiple documents 5 separate times. Not only did he continue to get the stock number incorrect, he misdated the apps repeatedly. It took two hours just to do paperwork! While we were watching them prep the correct camper, I saw one of the service techs pull the power cord and drop it on the ground. I did not know then, but when he did this he broke the O-ring on the cord that screws onto the camper. We arrived at camping world at 9:30 AM and did not pull out of camping world until 5:30 PM - unbelievable. So, we go camping and make our list of items that need repair. I took the camper in a month ago. The authorization request for the warranty work hasn’t even been done yet. The service tech – did not even document the broken power cord O-ring – he tagged it with Tape, but failed to document, therefore not replaced. When I spoke with him today, he stated that he would have to send an authorization request in for replacement. I asked that he just exchange it with another camper on the lot and then request that to be replaced. He stated no. I spent a great deal of money at this camping world and I feel that I have been crapped on. This is the most inept business I have ever dealt with. If I could have found that specific camper locally I would have bought locally, but this camping world was the only one that had it in stock and it was three hours away. After I pick up my unfinished camper tomorrow, I will never, ever return to this camping world. I will do my very best to discourage anyone else from doing business with this camping world. This place and its people absolutely suck.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.[/QUOTE

Welcome to Camping World, all of them are pretty much the same.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #11

Welcome to Camping World. No training just a bunch of "let me see/check employees" Camping world still thanks me for my Salem 27RKSS RV purchase which I didn't buy from them because they couldn't get one for 3 months after they told me 10 days.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #12

Camping world

Let me echo the feelings about CW. Not only the one in Oxford AL but also the one in Calera AL and Gulf Breeze FL. My firsthand experience with all on a unit I purchased in FL and tried to get it fixed at all 3. They all suck! Could not diagnose problems and could not fix them after 7 attempts. Frustrated, we took it to an independent service company and all issues fixed in less than 4 hours. We will never again deal with any CW!
larryb0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #13

Here is a interesting thought I had. Has anyone that ever bought an RV at Camping World and Bought another one?
Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #14

Camping World of Oxford Anniston, AL

They were bad when they were Dandy RV and then when Camping World purchased them they went down hill even further.
Basically they are all idiots, service in Calera is a joke, totally a joke and worse at at the Oxford, Al store. Trust me I wouldn't a RV from them.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Here is a interesting thought I had. Has anyone that ever bought an RV at Camping World Bought another one?
I bought my last 2 at CW in Myrtle Beach and when looking to upgrade I'll call the internet mgr and buy my next one there too.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Here is a interesting thought I had. Has anyone that ever bought an RV at Camping World and Bought another one?
I've bought my first and so far only TT at Camping World in North Charleston, SC. I would get another one from them if we are still in the area when we decide to upgrade.
POS Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #17

Captnjohn. Great to hear about a good buying experience from C/W. What was it you purchased? Maybe others in your area my be in the market for the same thing.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #18

POS. Same question. What did ya get/who did ya talk to. Seems people in your area are buying RVs and it would help if they could save a little $$.
Thanks
Mike

PO
Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #19
ARLO

Our CW in Churchville NY was pretty good. Good service and parts departments. Only complaint was the amount of time you had to wait for an assistant in the parts area. They recently closed and reopened as Meyer's RV. We went from good to excellent. CW bought out Meyers Trailer sales in Caledonia many years ago. I am very happy that Mark Meyers is back in the industry again.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #20

You have more patience than I do. After seeing the wrong camper prepped, the cord door being broken, the power cord being dropped, paperwork started 5 times????, I would have stopped the deal and walked.
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, ford