Old 07-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #11

I purchased a Flush King from CW that attaches at the drain hookup. I used it for the first time last trip out and was amazed at how much debris kept flushing out even after the 3rd flushing. Our camper is not even that old and so the black tank has barely been used. It certainly does a great job getting the stubborn stuff out that a normal fill and drain just can't wash away. I've not had any experience with the problem your are having, but I would have to believe this Flush King will help you out some. And, the good thing is that it can be left on or removed very easily, no need to mess with the underside enclosure.

Hope this helps some!

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #12

When the factory cut the hole in my black tank, they didn't remove the cutout and left it lay in the tank. I was having slow drainage problem and finally.....very carefully....opened the valve while holding the hose. I could see the tank cutout partially blocking the opening. I still haven't removed it but I know it moves around. As you can guess it's going to be messy, so I haven't been over anxious to tackle this problem yet. Problem is the cutout is obviously same size as the hole. I wonder if this is something I can go back to the dealer since I have another month of warranty

dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #13

I use Calgon water softener for washing machines. I just add a capful when I add the deodorizer, then add a gallon or so of water. This makes the slimy soft water feeling in your tank. Then drive to your campground of your choice, and that sloshes around the mixture- and the Calgon makes the walls "slick" so nothing sticks to the tank when you begin using the facilities. This also helps keep the sensors cleaned off, for an accurate reading! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #14

Our 8296SS has the same problem.

My best success has been using the wand, the Flush King didn't work.

My procedure is to fill using the wand and drain the tank several times after initial dump.

We are in a long term site, I'd hate to be the guy behind me at a dump station.

In order for to get am empty tank indication, I have to let the tank completely drain.

Patience.
Equal-i-zer WDH
davenrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #15

thanks to all for the suggestions, really seems however, that there isnt a whole lot that we can do to correct this problem, as I had said, we are on a permanent site and I think that is alot of the problem, not getting to slosh around enough,,, we have tried using the wand after emptying with no great success. Does anyone see any problems down the road if these tanks dont empty competely? thanks for all the insight
Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #16
eto

Was having the same problem in my 8272s. Today I did a couple flushes with the wand down the crapper and it finally read empty. The smell though... *shudder*
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #17

I sure can relate to the smell eto, however, we installed the Lil Stanker in our unit and it sure has helped greatly in that area, we are very pleased with its performance.I will however try the wand again and try using it for a longer period of time when flushing out system. after reading some replies, this seems to be happening quite frequently in the units...thanks
Old 07-17-2009, 04:36 AM   #18

The last time I dumped, I added a capful of Calgon water softener mixed in a gallon of hot water after the task was done.

Today, the process took less time.Dump, refill the tank using the wand once, let it drain completely.

The Calgon makes the tanks surfaces slick. I was amazed. We'll see next time.
Equal-i-zer WDH
davenrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #19

I have an 2009 8306SS and am having the same problems with draining. I do not have a perm. site like you do. I always use the RV treatment chemical and add about 3 gallons of water before I go to campsite to let it mix good. I add water to toilet prior to use and flush well after. When I go to dump station, the sensor shows 2/3 after I dump. I will add water to the toilet with hose and watch it fill and it seems to always have "product" even after several flushes. I will add some water for the trip back to let it slosh and even more stuff comes out when I open valve.
This is my 3rd TT and I have never had any problem dumping. I believe Forest River messed up on these somehow. On my other TT's I could see the bottom of the tank when I looked through the toilet and this one I can't. My TT even has the power flush hook up on side of camper which does not help much. I am going to contact Forest River and see what they say.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #20

Redtang02 You basically said word for word exactly the same problems that we have, It is very frustrating, we cant find anything that works to get this tank emptied completely, we also had a previous trailer that you could see the bottom of the tank and knew that it was completely empty,,please keep me posted and let me know what kind of response you get back from Forest River when you call them..thanks

Tags
black tank, rockwood