Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
RAC

I can see the reasoning with the hitch absorbing some of the weight, but why cut it so close, when the cost difference to FR would be like 120 bucks that they could easily pass on in the price.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #12

Just wanted to update on my tire problems. i had received the four tire last Monday didnt have time to get them mounted until today and all four tire checked out to be alot better then old one they balanced them with a little side wieght (not the 7.50oz the others had) Tire guy say they should be just fine except that they are Carlisle they where rolling straight, tread was straight, no wobble from being out of round now i am going to try and get them to pay the $44 to have them mounted which i see as only right for them to do just wanted to let you guyknow what was going on

chevy02

Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #13

I started camping in 2000, when I pick up my new fleetwood mallard 29 foot camper, one thing I ask the dealer at time of delievery If I have a flat will one tire support the weight of the camper on one side, they said it should. Well from that time on I didn't think about it again. after all camping was new to me. I now have 2006 rockwood 8314 SS. This thread relates to the one I posted on 9-25-07. Two weeks ago I was returning home from the Hersey RV show, I was about 5 miles from home when a lady pulled up along side of me and said that my right tire was smoking, I pulled over and sure enough it was the bearings not the tire. At this point there was not a thing I could do, but try to get it home. And I did but very slowly. I backed my camper in the driveway and the bearings were falling out of the drum. I used an E-Z JACK to lift the camper, I check out the wheel, the only thing that was holding the wheel on was the washer and the bearing nut. The spindle was damaged, I now have to replace the axle. I ordered the parts from the dealer. I checked the air pressure in the other 3 tires @ 50 psi ,I noticed that the tire that stands alone is on it's side wall with max air pressure. I called forest river about towing my camper for repairs they said, if it is a short trip go slow I said how about 15 miles they said NO. My camper is setting in my drive way with 3 tires on it waiting for a new axle I ordered two weeks ago. Yesterday I recieved A call that my new axle was in. I went to pick it up, When got there I noticed that it had been DROPPED and is damaged, I don't know what is going to happen now. The point I am making is that I suggest to check your weight limits empty and full, to see if one tire will support the weight of your camper. If you have a bearing lose and you are in the middle of nowere you might be in deep trouble. I was lucky. Forest river said that I could very well blow out that single tire and possible damage the other bearing and also frame damage.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #14

Ok so i call carlisle tire today and asked if they were going to pay to have these tire mounted and balanced and they agreed to pay all expenses all i have to do is fax my reciept to them. That went smoother then i expected it to go
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #15

Outstanding!!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #16

I agree with Greg, awesome job! Maybe we will call you
to advocate for us with the manufactueres(sp). Seems
like you have the nack for it.

Nina
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
RAC

I am sure as a major manufacturer, they will treat you right if you do as Chevy did. Most people don't bother calling in and complaining, so they take care of those who do. As they should.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #18

Just a quick up date on cooper tires, I found that cooper makes a different tire called road king. This tire is rated a little higher for weight @ 2600lbs, at 65 psi max, and at about $91.00 each mounted and bal. This tire size is an ST225 R75/ 15 D rated. 8 ply.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #19

Just wanted to let everyone know i did get a refund $44 from carlisle tire for my cost of mounting and balancing those new tire they sent me
Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know i did get a refund $44 from carlisle tire for my cost of mounting and balancing those new tire they sent me
great!

Tags
rockwood