Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #21

Good to hear that they paid the tab.

Mike

Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
HI All i am fairly new to this forums but have read many post on here about carlisle tires and how you should have them balanced. Well i did that and found them to all be out of round and so far off balance that the tire guy i went to said he would threw them in the dumpster if he was me.They were 7.50oz off on the one side and 3.50 on the other (well these number came off the balance machine if you know how to read it ) 7.50oz is extremely off, any way i went home and called carlisle tire and told them how bad the tires where and they are sending me four new ones so thanks for being on top of thing for everyone and sharing info like you guys do i have a 2008 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8296SS bought new in May i just wanted to share this with everyone Thanks Chevy02
I have a Carlisle tire load question:

I have ordered a WW LE 29BHBS TT. I havent picked it up yet. I plan to do a thorough inspection. I have a question regarding the load label on the side of the TT regarding tire load vs what Carlisle says as their load rating for what i thought was the same tire.

The tire load label on the side of my LE 29BHBS TT says 3596 lbs. Model of tire is: ST225/75D15/D cold pressure is 65 psig

In looking on the Carlisle tire site for load ratings it specifies 2540 lbs. An excerpt from the Carlisle tire table of tire values is below:

Tire MN Load
T225/75D15 519331 LRD 28.30 8.4 6.00 2540 65 30.02 11

Which is correct I wonder. Also, what should the load rating be per tire for a TT having a gross weight of 11035 lbs, dry wt of 7695, hitch wt of 875, axle of 6820 .

The gross weight rating of the RV is 11,035 pounds

Anyone got comments on the load ratings and if they are sufficient. I want to investigate and understand better before discussing with either FR, Carlisle, or my dealer.

Thanks

Phil

Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #23

I don't know much but 3596 lbs is rather ambitious for a load range D tire. That weight is load range E territory. 2540 lbs sounds about right for a D. You might want to start asking questions.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
I don't know much but 3596 lbs is rather ambitious for a load range D tire. That weight is load range E territory. 2540 lbs sounds about right for a D. You might want to start asking questions.
I didnt see a load range E in the Calisle tire table on their site. It was interesting. The tire lable on the TT says 3596 but the rest of the info is as i have noted for the tire model, there is no E in the model number.

If it is a D, the load is 4 x 2540=10160 vs the gross loaded of 11035 a deficit of 875.. Interesting, this value coincidentally is the same as the list hitch weight. I dont feel good about thes load comparisons if the load values are marked wrong on the trailer. Maybe, and i hope this is the case, i am misinterpreting the meaning of the tire rating lable on the side of the TT. It gives the tire model number and the cold recommended pressure for front, rear and spare of 65 psi and up above the little tire size/pressure table it says 3596 lbs : this is all on a label called tire and loading information

Hope i am wrong, i would like to think the tires are rating substantially for the TT.

thanks

Phil
Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #25

In order to get a load rated " E " tire you will need to increase the tire size. I am going to change my tires this Spring so that if I have to tow my camper on three tires they will support the weight of the camper and it's load. Right now with the tires you have on, Forest River will not recommended towing on just three tires.... THEY WILL BLOW OUT. I called Forest River about this in late Summer 07. I investigated this problem and posted what I had found. Your tires like mine are made in China..... You may know that load rated " E " tires are rated for 10,000 lbs. each.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #26

Do all D rated tires have the same load rating. for the ones i have mentioned the carlisle table says 2540 vs what is posted on the side of my trailer which is 3596. The tire load label on the side of my LE 29BHBS TT says 3596 lbs. Model of tire is: ST225/75D15/D cold pressure is 65 psig,

Do any other Wildwood owner ahve a 3596 lbs tire load rating on the lable on the side of their camper and if so what kind of tires are on your camper. My camper is the 2008 Wildwood TT LE29BHBS

I asked the dealer about this and he said he thought wildwood had a different tire on them now, not carlisle but i am not near my camper to check it out.,

thanks

phil
Old 02-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
I've been looking at this tire issue since we bought the trailer. i too am in the same boat with a GVWR of nearly 7700 lbs and a tire capacity of 7280. I have been looking at D rated tires and found the coopers to be seamingly the best. However, locally I cannot find them for less than 185.00 per tire. So, my conundrum is to wait until I blow up the current tires, or 1000 bucks miracles its way here. The biggest question I have is why would FR open itself up to an obvious lawsuit by putting tires on a trailer incapable of supporting the loaded trailer? Interesting, I think I will call and ask them. I may raise such a stink, they replace the tires.
if you substract the tongue weight, does it drop the load per tire below the tire rating. i know it seems marginal but that is the way it worked out on our wildwood

11035(Gross)- 875(HITCH)=10160

10160/4=2540===the exact ST225/75/15D/D load rating===inteesting but seems marginal. the dry weight is 7695 pounds
Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #28

From what I have been told, yes it dose reduce the weight on the tires and you are right it is marginal. My concerns are that if for any reason if I have to tow my camper with just three tires due to a bearing failure and have to remove the tire because of lack of parts as I am on the go to get it to a safe place or repair shop, the other three tires will not support the weight of the camper and according to Forest River it is not recommended to tow with the tires that came with the camper on three tires, they will blow out. If you take the max load rating of your camper, that's fully loaded with all your stuff for a trip and divide it by 4 = 4 tires and then check the weight rating on your tires that's on your camper, you may found that they are under sized. Now divide by 3 for your max load = 3 tires. My camping season is getting ready to start up for me in about 2 months, and I am going to up grade my tires. I have already experienced this situation, and lucky for me I was 3 miles from home, smoke was just roaring out from the wheel.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #29

I'm curious about the weight transfer from 4 tires to 3. Since my knowledge of physics is lacking greatly, I don't see how the extra weight is divided evenly among the 3 remaining tires. If one tire is removed, would the weight not be added to the remaining tire on the same side of the trailer, rather than shift part of it to the other side? If so, then the remaining tire would either have to have a heavy load rating so as not to fail or it would be seriously overloaded.

Reese Strait-Line
Prodigy
DW
DD (Darling Dachshund)
jmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Ok so i call carlisle tire today and asked if they were going to pay to have these tire mounted and balanced and they agreed to pay all expenses all i have to do is fax my reciept to them. That went smoother then i expected it to go
What tele number do you use for carlisle

it may come in handy for me to have in the future

thanks

phil

Tags
rockwood