Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #1

Carpet getting wet inside from tire spray

Well, we thought our issue was fixed. We noticed on 2 occassions after picking up our new 8312SS TT in April that the carpet just in front of the dinette drawer next to the pantry was getting damp when driving in the rain. We have camped with the camper while it rained and no water comes inside. It only seems to happen when driving. Had a mobile repair caulk areas he thought were the issue. FR covered the repair. However, we drove back today with some water on the street(not raining I add) and when I got home I opened the slide and the carpet was wet again. Not saturated like a sponge wet but damp.

I crawled under the area and I am not sure if the rubber seal on the bottom is big enough to keep water from getting over it and leak into the slide from the tire spray. Anyone else have issues with their new Rockwod as I've described. I may take it to CW to diagnose but my fear is they will have it too long and I would rather camp then have my TT sitting on a lot.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote