Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #21
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Ditto on the twice a year. A good cleaning of those gutters twice a year prevents excessive black streaks down the side of the RV.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #22
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Have you see this one??

RV Roof Sprayed Sealant
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyEd View Post
We have the 8289WS Diamond Package and just got ours winterized. Dealer checked our roof and apparently have the same issue as everyone above. Had to do some chalking. We had to pay for the tube of chalking. Another thing we found out was that the rod in the hot water heater had to be replaced. It apparently rots if in hard water and we should plan on replacing it every year. $15 item. The awning that is over on the dining room doesn't fit snug against the wall when closed. Dealer said they are all like that and couldn't do anything. I don't know if I buy that or not. It hasn't caused any trouble just doesn't look correct.

With that being said, overall we are happy with our unit.

Suburban How Water Heaters use an anode rod but at woods don't need one as they have an aluminum tank not steel but best to check the rods after each use, I check mine and empty the tank and flush it out to get rid of the crappy water, also use a water filter helps eliminate some junk

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #24

I have a 8329ss diamond package and the small awning did not close all the way I took it back an they replaced the fabric because they said at the factory some times the fabric is not straight when it is put together after they replaced the fabric it closed all the way
stinglejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #25

I took the TT in about a couple of years ago for some service work. The service writer asked me when was the last time I inspected the roof and recaulked? I said I have yet to be on the roof. You see, I keep the TT in a building and only take it out about 3 weeks a year for trips. He began to lecture me about the importance of cleaning the roof and resealing any cracks and that if I don't maintain the caulk that my warrantee will be voided. Well, he went top with the intention of coming down and giving me the old "I told you so" statement. After a few minutes, he came down and said that was the cleanest roof he had ever seen! All I said was Yep. I've since been up a few times and given it the once over and did a few spot caulks.

But to the OP: If that TT is less than a year old, I'd take it back to the dealer and let them caulk it JUST in case, sometime in the future, a leak may have occurred that could be covered under a warrantee.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof