Old 09-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

I put over 15,000 on a set of Carlisle's. No problems.
I put 25,000 on a set of Marathon's. No problems.

Currently running Kumho 857's. Great tire but only in 14" size. Load Range D in a 14" and speed rated to 99 mph.

Highly recommend a TPMS system.

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #52

Well I'm glad they starting to make a move on this. I would have paid upfront if Rockwood offered it. Maybe they do now, Don't really know. They do need to add more upgrades. I know that they are testing the Progressive converters in one line also. So maybe things are getting better.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well I'm glad they starting to make a move on this. I would have paid upfront if Rockwood offered it. Maybe they do now, Don't really know. They do need to add more upgrades. I know that they are testing the Progressive converters in one line also. So maybe things are getting better.
I second both of these being great upgrades we should've been offered...

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #54

Home from 2 week trip. China tires now have 5900 miles on them and no failures, yet......

I check them constantly though. Every morning and via TPMS monitor going down the road every 30 minutes or so.

I want to wait until after the winter to replace so it will not be in storage with new tires this winter. They will come off in the Spring though......

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbrown53 View Post
Home from 2 week trip. China tires now have 5900 miles on them and no failures, yet......

I check them constantly though. Every morning and via TPMS monitor going down the road every 30 minutes or so.

I want to wait until after the winter to replace so it will not be in storage with new tires this winter. They will come off in the Spring though......

Without a doubt a good plan!
Fivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #56

Tire caused damage

Got a range estimate for the repairs:$1,200 to $2,000. Hourly rate is & 95/hr. What shocked me is they said the galvanized sheet alone is $500 is that correct or they are trying to pull a fast one n the insurance?
Rockwood8124SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood8124SS View Post
Got a range estimate for the repairs:$1,200 to $2,000. Hourly rate is & 95/hr. What shocked me is they said the galvanized sheet alone is $500 is that correct or they are trying to pull a fast one n the insurance?
What kinda of damage did you have? 26ga galvanized metal is pretty cheap. Only place I know they use it is really in the step area and maybe wheel wells and skirting. Once it has to formed up they could charge that much. Most rates now are between 70 to 90.00 per hr. so that would be in line. I guess it depends on what has to be replaced as I stated.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbrown53 View Post

Don't know what brand you have, but I had Trail Express I had a little over 6000 miles had no bulges, cracks or cuts, check the air daily. even when I stopped I checked the hub temps everytime. Mine just blew without ant warning. Never hit a curb or damaged them in anyway.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #59

Rear skirt got dented pretty bad, some of the insulation right above where the tire is got destroyed (I can see the wood subfloor) and the galvanized sheet which is part of the wheel well got dented too. Plastic trims surrounding the wheel well where damaged as well. I could post a picture or two if I knew how... Lol. Insurance adjuster called me back and said they would cover all damages less deductible and tire. I'm getting a new set of tires put on in the process so out of pocket a bit over $1k.
Rockwood8124SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood8124SS View Post
Rear skirt got dented pretty bad, some of the insulation right above where the tire is got destroyed (I can see the wood subfloor) and the galvanized sheet which is part of the wheel well got dented too. Plastic trims surrounding the wheel well where damaged as well. I could post a picture or two if I knew how... Lol. Insurance adjuster called me back and said they would cover all damages less deductible and tire. I'm getting a new set of tires put on in the process so out of pocket a bit over $1k.
That would sound about correct then, I think most repairs from blow outs are in that ball park with the same kinda of damage. That's pretty much the same damage most people get, maybe somebody that had close to that damage might beable to give you there repair figure.

Tags
tire, tires