Old 07-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamac View Post
Others have already covered this, I have owned rv's for about 30 years.
1) Never leave any discharge valves open until you want to drain them. One at a time, Black first then gray.
2) Don't drain tanks unless at least 1/2 full 3/4 would be better.
3) Flushing black water tank should be done with the valve closed until at least 3/4 full, this will require some close monitoring. Watch your tank monitor and peek down the toilet to make sure your monitor is correct.

I flush my black water tank at least twice each time I drain it and some times more. I have a clear section I add to the discharge hose so I can see when the water is clear.

Never!! leave any valves open for all of the reasons mentioned in earlier posts hard plumed or not!!
Follow these rules, and you'll have no problems. Just don't walk away when you're rinsing the black tank.

RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #12
KnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamac View Post
Others have already covered this, I have owned rv's for about 30 years.
1) Never leave any discharge valves open until you want to drain them. One at a time, Black first then gray.
2) Don't drain tanks unless at least 1/2 full 3/4 would be better.
3) Flushing black water tank should be done with the valve closed until at least 3/4 full, this will require some close monitoring. Watch your tank monitor and peek down the toilet to make sure your monitor is correct.

I flush my black water tank at least twice each time I drain it and some times more. I have a clear section I add to the discharge hose so I can see when the water is clear.

Never!! leave any valves open for all of the reasons mentioned in earlier posts hard plumed or not!!
Follow those easy steps.

Let me add, if you have a flush port to hook a fresh water hose, go for it while is draning too. Do not leave any dump valves open, not only create critter problem, the water will have enough force to flush out any solids. Sucks to have a crudded up black water tank.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #13

You have a black flush valve that they put in, It is the law. Mine is behind my shower wall, others are under the bathroom sink and some are under the kitchen sink, It sounds like yours is there has nothing to do with leaving the gray water valve open when you rinse, look for a plain white hose ( not plex) hooked to a valve in and out of it, they could have left the fitting lose or it's pretty common for them to be hooked up backwards or not tighten down.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, black, water