Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to gwenlock
Question Connecting new tv to surround speakers

We replaced our tv in our 07 Ultralite 8314SS. Can it be connected to the surround speakers w/the concertone entertainment center?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Gwen, please search the forum

This has been discussed at length several times and you will find all the answers you need on several posts.

Short answer is YES!

Lou and Laura with Bella the German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - 5th Wheel Pullrite Superglide 3300
(2009: 28) (2010: 74) (2011: 93) (2012: 31) (2013: 101) (2014: 6 of 22 booked! and very happy to get these!)
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking everyone off is a piece of cake.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Arn
Arn

Really? How? My Concertone has no inputs for my tv.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #4

Probably depends on what model of Concertone you have. If it is the same as the one which came with our 2007 Rockwood 2604, then you have to remove the outside bezel of the Concertone (snaps off with care). Then remove the mounting screws and the Concertone itself. You will find the connections you need either on the rear of the unit or on cables (most likely) coming from the rear of the unit. It will help a lot if you have the correct owners manual for the Concertone model that you have, as it has a connections wiring diagram in it.

...VTX-AL
Old 07-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
Really? How? My Concertone has no inputs for my tv.
Hard to believe there are no inputs at all. None of them are labeled "TV" on any unit. They have cryptic names like AV1, AV2, AU1 & AU2 on mine.

Is there an "AUX" input? Could be a mini stereo jack (looks like an earphone connector) for an MP3 player on the front of the unit. If so use a mini stereo male (Concertone side) to RCA phono L & R male plugs to your TV's audio out sockets (or mini male stereo if the audio out uses that).

If your TV has an earphone jack you might get away with a mini stereo male to mini stereo male cable. While not ideal, it will work.

Is there a dock for a Ipod or Sat Radio you are not using? You can use those cables. They might be behind the unit in that mass of cables.

What functions are available on your unit?

It is possibile you might have to access the auxiliary input cables from the rear of the unit. They might be just laying loose back there if the rig was not ordered with any optional AV equipment.

Like VTX AL said. It will depend on your model what route you finally go.
More info on your model will yield better help results.

(2009: 28) (2010: 74) (2011: 93) (2012: 31) (2013: 101) (2014: 6 of 22 booked! and very happy to get these!)
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but ticking everyone off is a piece of cake.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Arn
Arn

My owners manual shows no inputs on the back. I guess I'll remove the unit & look for myself.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to gwenlock
I have the concertone ZX500, I have a the AV1 & 2 face plates (located in the cabinet under the TV) tried hooking up to those, but it still didn't work. That's why I asked, thinking that maybe there was something else or different I needed to do.

Many thanks
Gwen
Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenlock View Post
I have the concertone ZX500, I have a the AV1 & 2 face plates (located in the cabinet under the TV) tried hooking up to those, but it still didn't work. That's why I asked, thinking that maybe there was something else or different I needed to do.

Many thanks
Gwen
Here is a link to a pdf ZX500 manual. On the "features" page there is a statement that says "there are audio/video connections on the back panel" (or words to that effect). Additionally, near the end, there are diagrams that show how to connect to the unit if your trailer has the one of their faceplates installed. Good Luck.
http://www.cardinalrvclub.org/pdf/ZX500Concertone.pdf

...VTX-AL
Old 07-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
Here is a link to a pdf ZX500 manual. On the "features" page there is a statement that says "there are audio/video connections on the back panel" (or words to that effect). Additionally, near the end, there are diagrams that show how to connect to the unit if your trailer has the one of their faceplates installed. Good Luck.
http://www.cardinalrvclub.org/pdf/ZX500Concertone.pdf

...VTX-AL

Gwen,
The manual seems to cover your issue pretty well.
If the panel does not work you might need to chase wires to see what is wrong.

Arn,
Looks like you need to locate the switch panel in your rig or add one to the AV1 input that might just be laying loose in the cabinet.

Tags
rockwood