Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #1

Connecting satellite 8289WS

We just purchased this trailer and I am having trouble getting myHD satellite to work. Behind theTV is one end of an HDMI cable (connected to HDMI 2) and the other end goes behind the radio. I have connected the white, red, and yellow cables but can not get a signal to TV. If I run an HDMI directly from receiver to TV it works. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
DS ADV Rider

If the HDMI cable is already installed it may for for the DVD player. Our unit has a Jensen 970 and an LCD TV supplied when new and the only existing wiring on the TV was RWY to the TV "Video In" and RW from the TV "Audio Out". The wires disappeared into the cabinet and connected with the Radio/DVD player. The RWY cables allows the Jensen to play DVDs on the TV and the RW cables allow the TV sound to be played through the Jensen's ceiling speakers.

To view Satellite programs, I have to connect my Sat Rec to the TV with my own HDMI cable, and change the TV "Source" setting to the Sat Rev HDMI cable (HDMI1 for me).

Bob

Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #3

This is how mine is wired. I never thought of the CD player also being a DVD.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknel
This is how mine is wired. I never thought of the CD player also being a DVD.

Thanks
To my knowledge coax is the only means of distributing satellite signal within the coach/rv/tt or5er that forest river has used.

Turbs
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
To my knowledge coax is the only means of distributing satellite signal within the coach/rv/tt or5er that forest river has used.

Turbs
I was only referring to connecting the Sat Receiver OUTPUT to the adjacent TV by a HDMI cable. I also connect a coax cable from the Sat wallplate the the Sat Rec INPUT.

Distributing the Sat SIGNAL is a totally different issue. I dont distribute the Sat SIGNAL as I only have one Sat Rec. However, I do distribute the Sat PROGRAMS by connecting the Sat Rec OUTPUT (the RWY A/V OUT to a RF Modulator) to the "modified wallplate" with coax, which sends Sat PROGRAMS to my Bedroom and Outside TVs.

Bob
Specialized FSR XC Comp
Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Bob here's how I did mine.
Mind you I have a hd dvr .

My coax from sat goes to exterior pass through connection.
Then coax from back side goes to receiver sat input. "My receiver is mounted in my 5er basement"
Then factory installed sat cable gets plugged into my rec out connection.
Then on the over the air/sat wall plate the coax get connected from there to my tv.

My receiver is uhf so it doesn't need to "see" the remote to turn on or off or other functions which is why it's mounted in the basement out of the way.

Turbs
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
DS ADV Rider

Mine's a HD PVR which needs TWO coax's from the dish, so I actually have to get two sat signals to my Sat Rec. I use the exterior Sat and Cable connections for the dish, and I use the single outlet wallplate (other end of Sat cable) and Herk's re-wire mod to access the other end of the Cable coax. It took a bit to understand the mods, but it all works great.

Your setup makes sense for a 5th wheel with the reciver in the basement, but the Lacrosse 301 has a great set up at the TV with a shelf for my Sat Rec, PlaySyation 3, and RF Demodulator, so I don't need to use the basement.

Bob

Specialized FSR XC Comp