Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
1157 in the USA are (Dual Element). Youroo!!
This Post was in reply to the (Original Post # 8) which stated that a (1157 was a Single Filament Bulb)! Youroo!!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #12

Yes, post was modified after my response.....was just confirming was same here

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Yes, post was modified after my response.....was just confirming was same here
Thanks,Youroo!!
Old 04-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #14

Plasma LED

They have L.E.D. Plasma bulbs that are made for tail lights. They have the most output. Most TT have 1157 type bulbs. Cheapest around is here. http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/plasma2.html
Old 04-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
Citrus County, Fl.

Separate question... Has anyone come up with creative ideas for outside storage since it is limited to a small compartment under the bedroom slide?

I look forward to being part of this group.
Thanks,
Lakejumper[/QUOTE]

Personally I find there is quite a bit of storage under the bed from the outside on our 832IKBS (same floor plan). We have three good size totes in there for water, sewer and electric adapters), laundry powders, camp chairs, tv trays, the bbq grill and both the 50 amp power cord and the extension cord. Unless you are getting an older 2015 (like ours is) you should also have a small triangle shape outside compartment where the entertainment center is. We came from a tt with pass thru storage up front and outside storage under the couch and one of the dinette benches and there is just as much total room in our Flagstaff.

As for the LED tail lights, I never gave them much thought as they won't keep somebody from tailgating you!! We did however replace the two scare lights on the side with LED bulbs from Wally World as one burned out on our first trip. They really put out a nice white light.

Don't let anybody scare you with issues, the ones who don't have problems also don't post about that. It is a home on wheels so there will be some issues. Problems we have had are a warped piece of trim on the left side of the couch slide and what appears to be a small dent in the front cap that has not gotten any worse.

I would definitely go for the second year warranty and look in to replacing the Chinese tires before you get too many miles on them and also look into getting a tire pressure monitor and a Progressive surge protector.

We love our Flagstaff and regret having to trade it in for a class C but my DW can't travel well in the truck anymore and it will be much easier for her.

Good luck with your purchase....
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #16

Old 04-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #17
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Maybe I'm quilty of a bit of hijacking here also - but speaking of LED lights,I recently had the bulb in my Maglight burn out.

I went to Batteries+Bulbs and found that there are now LED bulbs available for the Maglight - I got one and there's all the difference in the world.

I'm sure some of you already knew this,but I didnt.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #18

Wow! Thanks for all of the great info. Especially about the light bulbs. I saw that the lights are a smaller size than my current RV and wanted more visibility for others while doing lane changes, stopping, etc.

I already had planned on having the dealer change the tires to Maxxis load D and have a TST tire monitor that I am moving from my other RV.

Youroo - thanks for watching out... I made the mistake of posting two questions in one thread so no one really hijacked it except for myself
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #19

If you really want to get respect, a pair of these will part traffic anywhere you need a lane: http://www.amazon.com/Bargman-47-84-...ywords=bargman

I put these on when I first bought my trailer and they work very well.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivealive View Post
If you really want to get respect, a pair of these will part traffic anywhere you need a lane: http://www.amazon.com/Bargman-47-84-...ywords=bargman

I put these on when I first bought my trailer and they work very well.
I agree! Installed these on our new HG.

Tags
led, light, rockwood