Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #11

one of my doors is doing this also... let me know what your solution is

2011: 365
2012: 365
Fulltimers
viperjpm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #12

Thanks for all the input. I will be talking to my Rockwood dealer tomorrow to get him to contact Lippert once again. I'm hoping we can resolve this issue without getting nasty. A door should last more than 2 1/2 years without falling apart. I'll let you know of the out come.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #13

Yesterday I personally spoke to a rep in the Lippert warrantee department. After they accessed my file in their system from when my dealer made contact with them about this problem a month ago and after a short conversation about things getting worse, I was put on hold. In less than 5 minutes they came back to me explaining that they only warrantee there produces for 1 year BUT in good faith they will send me a new door as long as I pay the shipping and install. I can say I was very happy and surprized!! Thank You Lippert!! So I got the door, Now I will work of Rockwood to see if they will pay for the decals and installation. So far so good!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarcamp View Post
Ok, has anyone ever seen this problem before? Does anyone have any advice for me on resolving this issue through Rockwood or Lippert so maybe I won't have to pay for a new door?
We also have the same problem - it also just developed in the last few months after our 2nd year warranty ran out. Haven't contacted FR yet - probably should. You can see our unit is a Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #15

Uh oh, sounds like a trend is occurring here. I think I saw another post on this forum from someone with the same issue but I couldn't find it.

I know it's past the warranty period, but, I don't know how this isn't a FR issue. They choose the manufacturer for the door. If there is a problem with a batch or even all of them then FR should fix it and work with the manufacturer of the door to get compensated. It's easier for FR to work with LCI since it's their vendor then the owner. I hope all that made sense.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #16

Is it a epoxy paint cracking or the alum sheet metal?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #17

Now that you are out of warrenty i would remove the window frame and see what is within the door itself and post a pic, I as well have never heard or seen this before.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #18

I agree FR should be the ones handling this matter. The dealer never was able to resolve this problem and they were told by FR/Rockwood to call Lippert. They still weren't able to get me a new door. I figured I should go straight to the source first to try my luck and it paid off. My dealer says I should contact Rockwood to see if they will cover the install and decals. It seems like I have a better chance to get what I want than they do. I'll be calling them in the next few days. As for the cracking, it's in the aluminum shell and as soon as I get the new door installed I will diffenitly dissect the old one to find the cause.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #19

Well, I spoke with a rep from Rockwood on friday and after a short conversation he graciously agreed to cover the installation and decals for my new door. Thank you Rockwood!! The only $$ out of me pocket will be the $130.00 to deliver the door from Lippert to my Rockwood dealer. From which I couldn't convince anyone to cover. I am very happy with Lippert and Rockwood for stepping up and making the customer happy.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #20

So whats caused it? Anybody gonna investigate, temp swings or what. I think the answer is as important as the new door.