Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 06:02 AM   #101
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

An RV show is a great place to shop around, going inside all the different brands and models to check fit, finish and layout. But from my personal experience, I WOULD NEVER BUY AN RV AT AN RV SHOW AGAIN. You are buying the unit on the RV Show lot. They stick a SOLD-But we have more sign on it and it stays there for the entire show. It is much more difficult to do a thorough inspection of the unit there, inside and out, and you have people in and out of your RV for 2 weeks, pushing and pulling on everything, sitting on the furniture, etc., it feels used before you even buy it. Then, you have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be brought back to your dealership before you can see it. By then, you've already signed the sales paperwork, so when you find a big flaw (like I did), it is an Act of God to have it addressed. Most RV dealerships have RV Show Sales on their dealership lot running simultaneously with the show where they have units on display. If you are a decent negotiator, you can get the "same deal" on the lot that you can at the show. They are telling you at the show that you are getting a better deal, and they might even have a big splashy sign with an advertised price that is lower than the dealership price, but don't be fooled. Use the RV show to do your homework, learn about your prospective new RV and what the pricing is there and then use that information to buy at a dealership where you can really inspect what you are buying and take your time without the hustle and bustle of people coming in and out of the RV you are trying to buy. IMHO
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:12 AM   #102
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
An RV show is a great place to shop around, going inside all the different brands and models to check fit, finish and layout. But from my personal experience, I WOULD NEVER BUY AN RV AT AN RV SHOW AGAIN.

Oh, yes, and if you do buy an RV at a show, make sure that you get in writing everything the salesperson says and promises because that salesperson will be long gone after the sale - they bring in salespeople from all over the country to sell there. Even though the RV I bought was at a local dealership display, the salesperson was from another state and I never was able to talk to him again. Sure, they assigned me someone at the dealership to finish the deal, but it was not the same as working with the actual person who sold me the camper.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer