2015 Camping - 192 days
2016 Camping - 129 days

2016 Cardinal 3850RL - 7/31/15
2015 Ford F250 - 6.7L - King Ranch - 4X4 - Air Lift 5000/ wireless air
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #22
Originally Posted by redjet View Post
You obviously have not looked hard enough. LOL
I have looked hard, and I know what to look for. I know perfection when I see it.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #23
Same here with my 2014 Forester. Had to think of some minor things wrong to fix at Goshen last week. Great Sunseeker/Forester River techs fixed them all. Pleased with my Forester from Day 1.
coldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
There may be a category in Genesis World book Records you could apply for. At least a Ripley's believe it or not. That comment on the 6 to 8 weeks backlog can mess up a camping trip for sure. That caused me to just fix it myself. I am not talking about fixing drawer glides and trim stuff, but had holes in roof on new one (should have checked) but I didn't until got it home. 3 months later and a trip to Goshen and it was done. The next one I checked roof thoroughly, and should have looked underneath as the tires all had grease slung out on them. Going on trip in month and 6 weeks to get it fixed wasn't going to work out. Sabotage is the only thing I can figure out. It had the grease able axles and someone tested how long it takes to fill brake hubs up. One had atleast 2 lbs of grease in the hub. Only camper I ever owned that didn't have a bunch of problems was a 4 year old Dreamer. The guy that owned it had fine tuned every thing on it. He even put a counter balance on the air conditioner compressor to dampen the vibrations. You guys with no major problems are very lucky. I thought rebuilding them was part of it.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I have to agree with the OP as well. 4 seasons of camping & traveling and haven't had any issues that have prevented me from using my Sierra any weekend. I also note that, short of a controversial axle issue, the Sierra/Sandpiper line has been fairly quiet with defects.
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #26
Good thread.

With the exception of tires all of our problems have been very minor.

I think my level of frustration is with the dealer and not the manufacturer.

We love our trailer but hate to take it back to the dealer.

They seldom ever fix the little issues first time.

Out of warranty soon so will just begin to fix things myself.
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #27
Our first FR product was a Rockwood Mini Lite, 2503S. It was trouble free, there were NO issues at all. We are paying the price with our second FR product. I will leave it at that.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #28
Moderators' Assistant
This kind of post isn't common because most of us that didn't have big problems, simply don't post about it. Its kind of perceived as bragging, when there are many with issues.

And RV forums, not just this one, attract those with problems and not those who don't have any.
Just check out other RV forums.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #29

Thank your dealer, most of the negative junk is due to poor dealer setup. Mine has been great as well.
pnwbrg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #30
Alleged curmudgeon
Let's review...

Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I read many RV forums every day and have been very apprehensive about purchasing a new travel trailer due to all of the horror stories I have read. So many people with so many problems.

My question to you is, why is my 2016 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3029W perfect? Why don't I have all of the problems that so many people claim the RV industry, including Forest River, are plagued with? Why didn't you give me any of those problems? I feel left out.

I felt the need to come up with something to complain about, so I am here to complain about having no complaints.

Thank you,

Bruce, your query has peaked my interest. In reading the many posts on dozens of threads dealing with the origin of campers here on FRF, I have found a wide variety of experiences and theories espoused by various members, each based on his or her own observations and experiences. Many theories have been advanced.

One thread very specifically proved that Quality Control is non-existent with Forest River products, and enjoyed substantial support from others whose experiences were recited to support such a theory.

And yet, here you are with a perfect camper.

After careful consideration of all these things, I have concluded that the very existence of your perfect camper can only be explained by one thing, pure happenstance. Your Windjammer is the result of some sort of an RV Big Bang.

Question answered.

(In the alternative, I will just defer to bikendan's post above)

2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, rockwood, windjammer