Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #61

DW and I are on our 2 FR, Avenger TT first now a 2015 Surveyor 5th wheel. Minor issues with both but the same dealer and they are great to work with. As mentioned above only complaint is not enough camping this year.
2022 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RK
Retired Air Force
swmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #62

Complaints

So none of you have complaints at least about the cheap tires?
We traded our tires as soon as we got it home.
My husband being a DOT man wouldn't take it one more time with those tires.
lindalees818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalees818 View Post
Yes, I mentioned the tires. That has been my main complaint. I will say, that after b------g to FR several times, they helped with the cost of new ones.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #64
MCTroy

Our dealer was very up front about the tires and their limitations. We haven't go far and don't get in a hurry, so no problems. But we are changing them for d load before we take a longer trip this fall.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #65

I also changed tires thanks to this forum, had no idea!
speckeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #66

Complaints

So far our only complaint has been the tires.
Changed the out after our first trip.
Other than a side table that comes up having to be glued by the dealer and then again by us, and a compartment door in the bedroom needing adjusted by the dealer we're all in all pretty happy with ours!
lindalees818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #67

We started out this year with a 2016 Grey Wolf 27RR and loved it, only wished there had been more of it to love so we traded it for a Puma Unleashed 351THSS 5th wheel.

The 27RR had some odd engineering items about it that I changed, but nothing really wrong with it. The 351THSS has now lost the u shaped dinette and trifold sofa for a dual reclining loveseat and a single matching recliner. The 351THSS has been perfect for us!
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #68

Ran original Trail masters on our Wildcat for 4 seasons with no issues. Because we were doing a extensive north trip involving a lot of gravel road, I put on all new Goodyear Marathons thus spring. Completed 14000KM on them in the last three months with zero problems. I get a gut feel some of this is from improper maintenance. I have an on board compressor and check pressure once a week. Always infkate to maximum pressure.We also need to remember we are not all going to a fire and anything over 60 MPH towing us probably asking for trouble anyhow. Just saying. .....these have always been practices in 30 years of trailering and have experienced none of the premature failure everyone talks about, including NO blowouts or delays.
Cheers
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalees818 View Post

Nope, not at all. Our dealer was straight forward about them up front, I told him I knew full well about the tires and that I would be taking them into Discount Tire. Traded them to Discount for half the price of their retail and got employee discount on the new ones (my hunting buddy works there and he stays in my camper during hunts). I dont count it as a negative just the nature of the biz and I am extremely happy in the 7 months or ownership and over 2k miles towed.

My buddy said another employee took the tires and put them on his older rig and has been running them since with no problem in the same 7 month time span I have had the new tires. I think they were trail masters......

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, rockwood, windjammer