Old 08-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #41
D_B Travelers,

Right on.

Not great but good sales experience. Service experience is a rear kicking experience every time.

Oh, by the way.....

Funtown RV in Cleburne, TX

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #42
Have to agree with the WJ owners, its a great trailer in and out. Thus causing me to hesitate pulling the trigger on a new 5er, thinking Cardinal at this point, because I read all the negativity yet I am not experiencing any of this. Some times the grass is not greener on the other side, this is what I am weighing.
The WJ is the bomb.

speckeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #43
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
And RV forums, not just this one, attract those with problems and not those who don't have any.
I agree with you Dan. Most posts are about problems so it would be easy to assume all have problems after reading the posts.

But I come here to learn more about my RV and help others with what I've learned myself!
F-350 Dually
Cedar Creek Silverback
Mazda Miata TOAD for sex appeal
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #44
Our 2013 RPod 177 is perfect! The issues have been very small and quickly handled at the dealership or over the phone. FMB Trailer Sales in Holmen, WI has been great!
Debbie and Erv
2013 Lily Pad
Jeep Liberty or Town and Country Mini van
DebbieHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #45
We have a new Rockwood 8280 5er and are very happy with it . I think a lot has to do with the dealer on how they prepare the units our dealer went through the unit before we took del . and walked us through every aspect of the unit . This is our second unit in three years and would recommend to anyone .
2013 Silverado extended cab 4x4 1500 Series
camping baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #46
I love my Microlite 19FD, yes there were some loose screws so I tightened them up!
What better way for me to get to know my TT than a little TLC, I do feel for those who have had serious problems and I don't make light of them either, but so far I have had a great experience and Great times with my wife camping.
Thanks Forest River, and thanks for this post, this is what makes this sight so great!

Happy Camper!
2015 Forest River Micro Lite 19FD.
1999 K1500 Suburban 5.7 ltr 4X4
2002 GMC SIERRA EXT CAB 5.3 ltr 4X4
The Deans Brownsville Texas
run2jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #47
On board. 2015 Jammer 3006wk. Approximately 8 weeks spent in her and nothing that I couldn't adjust/ tighten up myself. They did have to install a new outdoor kitchen slide out counter top before delivery due to inconsiderate browsers while it was on display at the dealership. I noticed that the dealership resembles a Bass Pro Shops with kids running through the units as if they were just big playgrounds!
McFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #48
left out

Reading all the posts about problems with TT we were feeling left out. Our 3009W has been perfect. Only criticism is the weak surround sound but we don't go camping to watch tv.
Sitting by the "fireplace" on a chilly Ohio morning watching the fog roll on the river. Loving every minute in our Windjammer!
MCTroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #49
Forgot to mention. RVs are not unlike telecom systems. I was in the telecom industry for over 40 years. When we put a telecom system in for a customer one of three things happened.

1. They never had any problems with it.

2. There were minor problems that were easily repaired.

3. Everything that could go wrong usually did.

Our first RV was a 1 year old Jayco and we never took it back except for a few times for required maintenance. That was one. Our Rockwood is our second RV and we have had it back several times for warranty items but nothing major. That is two. So now I am not sure if we ever want to risk buying another RV and fulfilling number three.

I know that most Forest River owners have a good experience but then just like telecom there are a few who are living a nightmare. Good dealer service support can help and good Forest River support can help. Also, support on this forum has helped me more than once. I just hope that those with major problems get them worked out.

I am also glad to hear that a few folks are not having any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #50
Thank You

I'm really pleased with this thread. Obviously, there are many happy owners of Forest River products, and I would bet that the happy campers far outnumber the unhappy.

I'm very surprised to see so many Windjammer owners chime in. I didn't intend for this to be a Windjammer love fest, but it kind of went that way. I am hoping to see more posts from owners of other Forest River products, also, but I posted this in the Rockwood Forum, so I am sure it has been missed by many other members with other Forest River brands.

Keep the posts coming.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote

forest river, rockwood, windjammer