Old 08-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #51
Sounds like the Windjammer plant has a very good group of assemblers.

pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #52
On my third 'Forest River' unit and have yet to have a major issue. At the FROG Rally we were approached twice because our Flagstaff didn't have a work sheet attached. Even walked the Rep though trying to find something for them to do.

I agree with the posts above .. come here to 'ask' for assistance, so we can lend our knowledge. If you're post is just adding your complaints and a list of all of "your scratches and dings", with no resolution, then let Froggers who can advise them.
If an original post seeks help, don't add another post just to vent your simular issues.... offer suggestions to remedy their concerns.

It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #53
Loving our Palomino Solaire 269bhdsk. We just passed our one year anniversary.
Camping right now and saw this thread. Had to chime in that there are good units out there. Lots of them. Most who own them aren't on forums. I'm only here because I like to learn, and I've found the forum to be a great place to find ways to spend more $$ on upgrades and gadgets.
Happy camping!
Brian, Stacy, and the girls (8 and 5)
2011 F-250 CCSB 6.7L PSD 4WD
2013 Solaire 269BHDSK
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #54
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
We were looking for a 5er when we walked into our Windjammer 3029W.....thought we were in a 5er living room. We've loved ours. Easy hauling in the Rockies last summer. The living room and its "hugeness" is what sold us on it. We went from a 29 foot Jayco TT to our 3029W.....we get out of breath just crossing the living room. Only complaint we had was crappy tires which FR fixed for us by giving us $300 with just 2000 miles on them. I told them they had a great product with crap for wheels. Upgraded to 10 ply and a good brand tire.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #55
Originally Posted by Paradise115 View Post
Hi Elkton. Grew up in Aberdeen and used to go with my buddy to the diner in Elkton in the wee hours. Also tent camped at Elk Neck SP a lot. Wow that was 40 years ago!
We've dry camped at Elk Neck, and really liked the park. Have another weekend booked with hookups in November, if it's not too cold by then.

The Elkton Diner on 40 isn't open 24 hours anymore, there used to be a Denny's but it closed up too, only Waffle House is open late at night now.
Jack and Jan
Nights camped 2014 - 8 | Nights camped 2015 - 23 | Nights camped 2016 - 24
2015 Ford Super Duty F350 > Blue Ox Swaypro WD Hitch > 2015 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #56
Our V-Lite came down the Same line as your Jammer! Is it Perfect? NO! I have never seen a Perfect anything! We keep working on it to make it Ours,and We (Love It)! F/R seems to Listen to the Owners concerns! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #57
When we returned from our 1st outing, we logged over 2,000 miles. I noticed a crack in the side wall above the bedroom slide out. My dealer jumped on it immediately contacted FR and it went back to factory for a new side wall. Things happen its no ones fault. My only other issue was the control panel. There's a massive amount of wires stuffed in such a small area behind the control panel it bowed the control panel out and crack the screw holes. Again my dealer got on the ball and got me a new panel. I added clips to prevent it from happening again. With this said, I still feel our Jammer is as perfect as perfect can be with no workmanship problems. I strongly believe FR manufactures good products and will stand behind them, but you have to have a good dealer to make things happen...

edit: after it came back from the factory with the new side wall, I replaced the tires with Maxxis... The original tires still looked new, but I read too many horror stories...
2015 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond Package

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #58
So... it's perfect... for now. Congratulations, and I sincerely hope it stays that way (no sarcasm intended). But, to say that something brand new is good is kind of premature. My neighbor once told me his new Chebby was the 'best truck ever"... I had a new '02 F-150 company truck at the same time. His Chebby had the engine and transmission replaced under warranty within 6 months of purchase. He sold it and bought another and had good luck with it. The company sold my F-150 about 5 months ago with 345,000+ miles on the original truck... with no major repairs... original engine and transmission, etc. I can honestly say that that was a good truck. I hope for your sake in a few years, you can still say the same about your 'Jammer... Your enthusiasm has me considering looking at them... as I'm in the market for a new TT with more space for grand kids...

J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #59
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
J&'ll love the size of the living rooms in the Windjammers. We do! I get out of breath just walking from one end to the other.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #60
Well, finally I don't feel lonely. We have a 28RKS Wildcat in its fourth season and virtually trouble free. And for added measure, we are our final 4 nights of a three month trip to the Arctic Ciast via Alaska ( think 1000 miles of gravel road ) and didn't even have flat tire on the Goodyear Marathon "crap China bombs" that everyone complains about. I'm all about PM and I think the end result is NO problems on the road.

Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, rockwood, windjammer