Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #1

Diamond Package

Looking at a Rockwood with the Diamond Package. Anybody have one and are you happy with the colors? Looks like it won't show as much dirt as the traditional white trailers. Is it easier to keep clean?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2

Hi Biscuit

I have a 2013 rockwood 8314BSS Diamond Package, Your right it is easier to keep clean and I am real happy with it...love the colour.
Tigger4725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #3

Just bought a 2014 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel with the diamond package. It is very, very nice. The colors are beautiful. Plus you get the metal cover on the awning which is very nice.
johnmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #4

We have a 2012 8244ws with the diamond package and the only issue I have is being unable to find a source for the almond coloured seam sealer used on the roof as I know at some point I will need some, other than that we always get excellent comments from passers by
archgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #5

The Diamond Package includes:
Diamond Package
  • Upgraded Decorative Slide Out Fascia
  • Upgraded Cabinetry Hardware
  • Upgraded Air Hide-A-Bed “ Tufted” Sofa
    w/ Storage (N/A w/: 8244WS, 8260WS)
  • Deluxe Interior Window Treatment
  • Solid Surface Corian Counter Tops in Kitchen/Living Room
  • Laminated Taupe Color Fiberglass Sidewalls
    With High Gloss Finish and Color Keyed Roof
  • Shielded Awning Covers
  • Tinted Bonded Frameless Windows
  • Slam Latches on Most Exterior Storage Doors
We have it on our rig and are glad we ordered it. The Corian counter tops are very nice! The frameless windows are another nice touch.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Have it on my 8289WS and love the color and the other items that come with it like 5er_tom lists. People seem to really like the look and goes well with my black truck. I've found the tan sealant at Camping World, so not an issue. The only issue I've noticed is that the color absorbs more sun. So, depending on your location that could make a difference. I upgraded my 8289 with optional 50amp service so that I could have the dual A/C units. Well worth they $1000 some dollar option in my opinion.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #7

We have the Platinum package (same except color & awning shields) and those that I have talked with say the white doesn't show a lot of the dirt that does show up on the tan color. Just sayin'. We love ours.
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
We have the Platinum package (same except color & awning shields) and those that I have talked with say the white doesn't show a lot of the dirt that does show up on the tan color. Just sayin'. We love ours.
I ordered the Platinum package as well. My concerns were the darker colors of the diamond package would draw more Sun, more heat.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for your replies, its been very helpful.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #10

I ordered and received the Platinum package. Identical to the Diamond package, including the shielded awning awning in matching color if you ask for it. The new brochures show the shielded awning in the Platinum package now anyway. Guess they got the message.
I just didn't didn't want to pay extra for a darker color and then even more for an upgraded electric and another AC. Nothing new about tan/brown colors. They have been around on various units for a long time. They do seem to be more popular now though, as I have seen more and more of them on the road. However, as I have gotten older, I have found creature comforts to be more important than aesthetics. Accordingly, I spent my option dollars on the inside.
BTW lighter colors generally look cleaner even if they aren't. This has been a known fact in the automotive world since...forever?

Ken

04.5 CTD 2500 Dodge 6spd manual
2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws
elkabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #11

To each his own. I like that the tan doesn't show streaks like my white units did. And I had funds to do both the outside as well as all interior options so didn't need to make any tradeoffs. I would have ordered dual a/c if i had gotten the platinum package....I don't like being warm! :-)
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Looking at a Rockwood with the Diamond Package. Anybody have one and are you happy with the colors? Looks like it won't show as much dirt as the traditional white trailers. Is it easier to keep clean?
I have had both white and beige and they are equal as far as how they look dirty and streaked. Frameless windows are not good for ventilation, they don't open very far. Somebody's bad idea.
Fivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #13

If you remove the black plastic spacer between the arms they open as wide as any crank window. just saying.
Tigger4725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
Camper Less Camping

We spoke to many RV'ers who we met with the tan colored units and most seem to feel they are a bit warmer during summertime than their previous white campers...with us primarily camping in the south, we opted for white though we love the look of the tan units...important to us to stay as cool as possible!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
Site Team

Yes. Colors are nice. Lots of compliments, but it does get hot. You can feel heat radiating from the sunny side. Absorbs heat more than white. And as noted above, there are several other items in the diamond pkg. I'm glad I got it but need both
a/c's to cool it on 90°+ days.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong View Post
. . . This has been a known fact in the automotive world since...forever?

Ken
I don't know about that ken. White cars I've driven always looked dirtier quicker. Cleanest was my desert sand (tan) truck. Road crime was negligible unless looking really close. Maybe it depends on type of dirt.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #17

Every option available in the Diamond package is available in the Platinum as well. Just tell them that's what you want, a white diamond instead of a brown one. That's what I did and that's what I got. The bonus is, one AC combined with slide toppers handle the heat just fine.
It always comes down to personal tastes, different strokes, etc.

Ken

2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws
Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #18

Have Flagstaff 5 er and have everything in the diamond package....IMO is a must - we had a choice of three types of windows.....along with all the other upgrade....
Big a/c is great....might be an issue if you are trying to run it with small gen....
good luck

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #19

We got the Diamond Ed. and it does stay cleaner than our previous white TT. When we traveled in the rain, our TV would kick up so much dirt that by time we got to the site, it would look awful. Our new trailer doesn't show the dirt kicked up from the road.

Regarding the darker colors making the trailer hotter - hadn't noticed since we always have our AC on. Now we do have 2 AC's on our unit, which keeps it quite cool.

There's so many more upgrades that come with the diamond ed. that it was hard to pass up; especially since we were having it built vs. buying off the lot. I especially like the countertops and awning cover.
juice0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #20

Everything offered in the tan Diamond package is included in the white Platinum package. The only difference is the color. And that, along with any other options chosen, is what it should be,,,, a personal choice.

Now. if they would only come up with a blue Sapphire package.....?

Ken

2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws