Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Thanks so much John1! Much appreciated! The 1809S and the 2109S appear to be close to identical trailers except in the 1809S the bed is sideways, and in the 2109S, it is a walk-around bed. Therefore I suspect it is fairly likely that the two models use the same pass thru compartment doors.

Originally Posted by John1 View Post
We just bought a new 2012 1809S Mini Lite travel trailer. The measurements of the passthrough storage in the front of the trailer are
22" x 14" for the inside clearance.

F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
Albuquerque, NM
Your planned trip sounds reminiscent. I agree with you 100% about the cost/value, etc. of the trip being worth the $$ savings. We purchased from RV Wholesalers & visited relatives on the way there - but in Minnesota! We packed our pickup bed with all the needed supplies for the return trip & had to unload each night we stayed in a hotel & repack the next a.m. Total PITA. The one thing I wasn't able to accomplish, which I wish I had, was a tour of the Forest River factory.

I didn't shop Wana RV, but found RVW to be the only dealer that was able to get Forest River to build a truly customized 2304 for us. Not just ordering with the selection of interiors/options, etc, but they built it with a fixed queen bed and a full pass-thru instead of stock with a murphy bed - which oddly enough is not an option that Forest River offers for the 2304 even though the 2104 and 2306 models do provide the option.

Charlie & Kathi
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2011 Rockwood 2304
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
Our TV is a Toyota 4Runner SUV. But we have a dog who takes up 2/3 of the back seat, plus her food, dishes, etc. And like you, will take alot of gear for the TT. So we just purchased a used 20 cu ft rooftop cargo carrier to give us a lot of addditional room.

I guess at each motel stop on the way, we will unload the most valuable stuff from the SUV and also from the rooftop carrier, and just leave the-not-so-valuable-to-thieves camping gear in the vehicle. Though I am still concerned about the possibility of break ins to the vehicle -- I've never traveled where we left anything in the vehicle at night, and never traveled with a rooftop carrier, so this is a new experience for us. I don't know how often those rooftop carriers get broken into. We plan to choose our motels very carefully, with an eye towards safety for the vehcile at night, even if the motels cost a bit more.

F22 is offline   Reply With Quote

210, 2109s