Old 07-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #1

Are features missing on an "Ultra Lite" Rockwood as opposed to a "Signature"?

I'm trying to decide between two Rockwood floorplans; one of them would be an "Ultra Lite" and the other would be a "Signature".

I don't mind paying a little more for the Signature if I get something for that extra money, but I almost like the "Ultra Lite" plan better. I'd hate to miss out on a bunch of fancy bells and whistles by not going with the Signature line though.

For instance, would the hot water heater be the same? (I see that the black water tank is a tiny bit smaller but that doesn't seem like a big issue).

Does the Ultra Lite have the same soft close drawer glides?

Is the laminate/frame/underbelly all the same?

How about other quality issues (electrical/plumbing)?

It looks like the ultra lite doesn't use the hidden hinges like the Signature does.

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

I see that the Emerald package on the Ultra Lite corrects some of the deficiencies, like the slide out fascia decor, aluminum wheels, slam latches and Corian countertops.

Thank you!

Old 07-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Team

I have the signature ultralight rockwood 8282ws. Previous fiver was a wildcat. The only thing I miss is the cargo hitch on the wildcat. The rockwood ultralight doesn't allow for any additions to the rear frame or bumper.
Rockwood smaller frame must be where much of the weight was lost to call it ultralight.
So I'm thinking the appliances are the same in reg rockwood and ultralight as they were the same in my wildcat and ultralight rockwood. Hope this didn't muddy the water.
Good luck.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #3

You can always get a Signature Ultra Lite and have the best of both.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #4

Well that's really what I meant. I realize that my title wasn't clear so I edited it.

Rockwood has 3 major lines of travel trailers. Their Mini Lite, Ultra Lite and Signature Ultra Lite.

I'm mostly wondering what the differences are between the Ultra Lite and the Signature Ultra Lite. And I'm wondering if I'm going to be sad when I get a Rockwood Ultra Lite and realize that I missed out on X-feature/construction quality/etc in the highest end Signatures.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #5

You can always get a Signature Ultra Lite and have the best of both.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #6

Sorry for duplicate reply, stupid computer has ts own mind.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #7

If you are trying to decide by looking at the Mfg brochure I would advise before you buy go and actually spend some time in both units so that you can actually get a feel for both. You are also on the right track asking here.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #8

I think the Signatures are longer than the ultra lights. Signatures overall 34' and up, Ultralights are under 34'
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #9

We purchased the Ultra-Lite because, well, they are lighter. We have not been disappointed in the features or the quality and love our trailer. If you can tow the heavier Signature version and you like the floor plan, get that one, but the Ultra-Lites are nice too and you can get a smaller one if you want that as well.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #10

We have a 2015 Rockwood 2703ws ultra light. It has the Emerald package along with a few xtras like heated tanks, etc. We actually met a couple at the Bristol Nascar Race this spring that had a Signature Ultra light and asked them what options they had so we could kind of compare because we had the same question you are asking. Everything they said they had we had due to options on ours. We have been so happy with this camper. Like another person posted, I believe most of the Signatures floor plans are longer too. Get out and walk through them. Depending on the floor plan, a smaller rv can feel larger. I know ours does with the large open entertainment area. We also switched out our sofa bed for dual reclining loveseat and REALLY love it now! Have fun with the search!

Tags
rockwood