Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by csyrell View Post
My bad, my TV is at 11,200lbs. Dry Weight of the Trailer is 6929lbs, so that leaves me with over 4,000 lbs of "stuff" between the camper and my TV. With the TV's towing package, and the WD/Anti-Sway Hitch, along with the Turbo (Ecoboost), I'm comfortable.

BUTTTTTTTTT, if you look on the guide at Trailer Towing Guides | How Much Can You Pull | How to tow safely | www.trailerlife.com, a 2013 F150 V8 with Regular Cab, Short Bed, 2WD has a towing capacity of only 7,900lbs.

This is why is so important to dive deep into the VIN of your specific TV.

Hope this helps!!!

It’s also important to NOT quote or use dry trailer weights. Folks get into trouble if they base things on dry weight and then think they can just do “creative” packing to keep the weight under control.

Use the trailer GVWR when determining if you have enough truck. Ignore dry weight. It’s a useless number.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
It’s also important to NOT quote or use dry trailer weights. Folks get into trouble if they base things on dry weight and then think they can just do “creative” packing to keep the weight under control.

Use the trailer GVWR when determining if you have enough truck. Ignore dry weight. It’s a useless number.
Yup. In my case, I felt 4,000lbs is enough of a cushion.
csyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondrej View Post
We have had our 2017 2902 WS. For a year. Love the floor plan. Love the storage. The wardrode slide is the best. Our only complaint is this TT is too bouncy. We have not been successful in stabilizing enough of the bouce out for our taste.
We have a 2017 Rockwood 2604ws and were also not happy with the trailer movement or bounce when set up at the camp ground. This is our third TT and it seems to be a frequent problem. After some research I purchased and started using x-chocks and I did not see much improvement. At one campground I saw a TT with cross braces from the stabilizer jacks to the frame of the trailer. I found a few brands that used this concept and I ended up choosing the Steady Fast system. It was easy to install and very easy to set up at the camp ground. Steady Fast claim is they take out 95% of the movement. We achieved that if not more. I can’t speak for the other brands that use this method but I can recommended the Steady Fast system as it worked well for us.
RockwoodUL2604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:20 AM   #44

OH MY GOODNESS! I love the fireplace!!!! I wanted the fireplace but the dealer told me I couldn't do (guess they didn't want my money!). That was a feature I wanted..
MamaLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #45

New 2902WS

My hubby and I just got a new 2902WS at the end of October. I put almost 1000 miles on it in the first 3 weeks we had it. I love this trailer! The space, the storage, it feels so luxurious! I've had my eye on this floor plan for years! We had a ROO then all the kids left home so we bought a friend's Kodiak. Found this one on a model year end sale and couldn't resist! We haven't had time to do many mods other than dual batteries and a tv in the bedroom. Our first weekend was boondocking and we didn't even make a dent in the batteries. Made me really sad to put it away for the winter but I already have trips planned as soon as the snow is gone (hopefully). My hubby even commited to a plan to get ready to go full-time in 3 yrs now that we have this trailer! COME ON SPRING!!!!
Old 12-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #46

Just got mine!

I just received my 2902WS last week that I ordered on Halloween day. I love this unit. Floor plan is great. Colors are soooo classy. Quality is super and so far no “flaws” except condensation in the slideout wardrobe due to extra people, cooking, and super cold temps outside. I am venting with the max fans and cracking open a couple windows for air flow. That seems to help along with a few of the simple air driers. Workmanship is beautiful and so many neat features! Use the fireplace a lot. Lots of storage everywhere. Has rained buckets and buckets here in Oregon with no apparent leaks knock on wood! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #47

A little late to the party

We take delivery of our new 2902ws tomorrow. Our last rv was a Komfort 5th wheel. This floor plan is much better and much lighter that the 5th.

I'll post more later
timbob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbob55 View Post
A little late to the party

We take delivery of our new 2902ws tomorrow. Our last rv was a Komfort 5th wheel. This floor plan is much better and much lighter that the 5th.

I'll post more later
Congrats on the new TT. We took delivery of our 2902WS in December but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. We also owned Komforts, two to be exact. Wifey was the executive secretary for the original Komfort in Riverside, CA back in the '80's. Most don't realize how big Komfort was back then. They sold more travel trailers west of the Mississippi than Fleetwood at the time.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #49

Congrats!

Ha, I bought a new Komfort back when they were being built in Clackamas, OR. Loved it. Absolutely nothing ever broke or went wrong. Same goes for my 2902Ws so far. No issues. Zip. Nada. Yay! Good luck with yours! Wonderful rigs.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Yes, I did install the fireplace under the TV, but we were ok loosing the space since there is so much additional storage anyway. I have attached a pic.
I'm very interested in installing a fireplace like you. How did you do it and what model did you use!

Tim
Old 03-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #51

Took the new trailer home this morning and started to shift cargo.

Only blemish so far is the bottom front corner of the large slide out don't close flush, leaving a 2" gap. Have a call into the service department on day 1. I'm sure it's just an adjustment.

Cheers

Tim
Old 03-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Took the new trailer home this morning and started to shift cargo.

Only blemish so far is the bottom front corner of the large slide out don't close flush, leaving a 2" gap. Have a call into the service department on day 1. I'm sure it's just an adjustment.

Cheers

Tim
Well, the service manager insists the 2 inch gap is perfectly normal and no problem.

I have sent an email to Forrest River customer relations. We'll see.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Well, the service manager insists the 2 inch gap is perfectly normal and no problem.

I have sent an email to Forrest River customer relations. We'll see.
Bull puckey.

There is no gap on mine.

Bob
HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #54

So far no response from Forest River
Old 03-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #55

Quote:
So far no response from Forest River
Did you call Forest River or just email them?

Bob
Old 03-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Yes, I did install the fireplace under the TV, but we were ok loosing the space since there is so much additional storage anyway. I have attached a pic.
So a year down the road, how’s the fireplace? Would you share what make and model of fireplace you installed plz?
Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaura View Post
So a year down the road, how’s the fireplace? Would you share what make and model of fireplace you installed plz?
This looks like the curved front Furrion fireplace that was used. I am considering the same mod.

It will draw 11.67A on the 1400W setting so it should go on a dedicated circuit. Running the TV and sound bar in addition to the fireplace is pretty much the limit for that circuit.

Bob

https://furrion.com/products/26-elec...replace-curved
Old 04-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #58

Still love the fireplace, but should have done dedicated circuit. Only an issue when we have the fireplace on heat(light is fine) and run either microwave or a toaster in the kitchen at the same time. I was hesitant to peel back the underbelly to run the new circuit, so ill have to figure out if its really that much trouble to just remember to turn heat off fireplace when i need to make toast

I believe model number is FF26C15A-BL

I pulled power from TV circuit and have had zero issues running fireplace and TV at thew same time.
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #59

Shake down cruise - took the trailer to nearby camp ground for a system check. Everything worked well. The only complaint is regarding the furnace: it's taking a while for the new furnace smell to go away; the blower as a distinct high pitched whine when running. Kind of annoying.

Otherwise we are very happy with the trailer [emoji4]

Tim
Old 06-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #60

Recently purchased one!

Hi all,
My husband and I show dogs and we recently purchased a new 2018 2902WS. I'm curious, does anyone tow theirs with an Expedition??
ilkadvm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood