Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkadvm View Post
Hi everyone,
We purchased our Rockwood in April and finally got to use in in July. We went to San Antonio with it, had a great time for 4 days, everything worked beautifully. We noticed about 2 days after getting home that the inside refrigerator would not come on - electric or gas. After some diagnosis, my husband found (and I'm not sure if I am calling this part correct), that a safety high temp protector was set off due to excessive heat and did not allow for power to go to the fridge. I get that it is in place to keep the fridge from being damaged, but has anyone else had this issue? While on the way back from SA it was likely about 98-100F with the sun on the back of the rig. Fridge is a DometicDMR702. Our repair place is ordering a replacement part but I am wondering if this will be a constant problem since we live in Texas and do travel when it is hot. Hoping it was just a one time event.

Thanks ! Otherwise we love love this unit! We show dogs and the layout is perfect for us!

Ilka
Ilka,

We had the exact same thing happen on our way to Gulf Shores 2 years ago. We had a mobile tech look at it. He contacted Dometic and learned there has been issues with this part. They sent a replacement to us via overnight delivery. (Under warranty) We still had to by the tech but it was well worth it to have our refrigerator back. We have not had a problem since that time. We were told the factory was having issues with a bad batch of parts. I am surprised to here a newer unit still had the issue. Hope you continue to have a good experience with your trailer.
BigBear0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #82

I Need some Help fellow owners. My 2902WS had a tire blow out and it ripped the step light out clean and I cant see where the wires go up into the chassis. Can someone please crawl under the trailer and take a picture of where the wires for the step light enter the underside of the trailer. Mine is a 2018 model.

Thanks!
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #83
Part-Time Campground Host

Ours is a 2018 also. The wire comes out just in front of the front tire. You can probably see a small hole where it was. You can access the wires in the small table just inside the door. Our step light ripped off when we threw a wheel weight, so I made a new one from PVC and an LED. Sorry for the sideways pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_144437.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	212565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_144345.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	212566  
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #84

MORryde StepAbove in a 2902WS

Has anyone with a 2902WS installed the MORryde StepAbove? If so what model (part number) did you install and did you encounter any problems?

Old 08-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #85

We just returned from a 2 week, 3k mile tour of the northwest, Montana, Utah and Nevada with our 2902ws.

Had some pretty severe fish tailing a couple of times. Each was a perfect storm of heavy cross winds, heavily rutted highway and passing Semi's. I have since double checked the E2 hitch installation. All is well. Trailer was loaded correctly. Just the right conditions for sway.

Otherwise the trailer is terrific. Very comfy and all systems worked as designed. The AC was great on mid 90 to 100 degree days.

Can't wait to do it again!
timbob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #86

Sounds like you've "caught the bug". Congrats on a good trip. We love our 2902WS, it's a perfect couples coach.
Do you have the MORryde steps on yours? If so what is the part number on the steps? Ours has the older fold up steps and I'm thinking of upgrading.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
Sounds like you've "caught the bug". Congrats on a good trip. We love our 2902WS, it's a perfect couples coach.

Do you have the MORryde steps on yours? If so what is the part number on the steps? Ours has the older fold up steps and I'm thinking of upgrading.
Sorry, I do not
timbob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
I installed the MORYDE step above 4 step 30" door part STP-4-30-03H. My lab had a torn Achilles and these steps made it easy for him to get in and out of the camper. Reduced the bouncing when entering and exiting also. Great camper. Hate to see the floorplan change. My wife loves the pantry and Kitchen and the lounge
doctoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoc View Post
I installed the MORYDE step above 4 step 30" door part STP-4-30-03H. My lab had a torn Achilles and these steps made it easy for him to get in and out of the camper. Reduced the bouncing when entering and exiting also. Great camper. Hate to see the floorplan change. My wife loves the pantry and Kitchen and the lounge
Thanks much for the info on the steps. I was looking at the 3 step model, but now I'll consider the model you installed. Do you have the handrail on it?
As far as the new floorplan I think FR has made a mistake. We do not like it at all!

Old 09-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #90

There is room for the handrail but I did not add it, just using the one on the camper.
Works fine for us without it.
doctoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood