Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #1

Do you think it's reasonable....

...To wait over ONE YEAR to get replacement couch cushions from Rockwood? I'm about at the end of my rope here. After numerous (too numerous to count) calls to the dealer, e-mails to the dealer and Rockwood, there is still NO resolution.

All I wanted is for them to get me some new couch cushions that looked good. the originals all all puckered and looked worse after our dealer sent them to a local seamstress to see if they could be repaired. These are obviously not something that impedes our use of our TT, but if covered under warranty and you promise to replace them, then you'd darn better stand by your word. I think they're hoping we just forget about them. (They don't know me very well.)

We were promised two weeks ago that they'd be in before July 4th. (Last month our dealer told me they were on the truck, ready to be delivered. Geez, I wonder if someone in Alaska is enjoying my new couch cushions!) Now it's the 6th and the service manager and service tech at our dealer are both out this week. So I called Doug Fought at Rockwood and left him a somewhat demanding voice mail. I told him I wanted a firm date TODAY of when the cushions (and our new table top, which was added to the mix in April) are going to be delivered. I also asked him in my voice mail why customer service is not important to Rockwood and Forest River. We'll see if he calls this somewhat crazy woman back!

If we have to wait over a year to get these things, what does that tell me about my dealer and about FR? That we cannot trust them, that they do not care about customer service, and that we should look elsewhere for our next purchase.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

I would think that a good business would pay attention to what is being said on Forums such as these.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #3

Are you a Good Sam Club member? If so they have some sort of arbitration process that you can go onto their site and log your issue and they will contact the manufacturer on your behalf to rectify the issue
Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have seen your posts on your cushions many times and kind of forgot about them.
Wow I thought you have gotten this resolved.

I will say my dealer jumps at my meager requests I'm sorry yours hasn't.

I hope you get this resolved soon.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Are you a Good Sam Club member? If so they have some sort of arbitration process that you can go onto their site and log your issue and they will contact the manufacturer on your behalf to rectify the issue
I think Trailer Life will do the same thing. They seem to be good at getting manufactures to own up to their responsibilities. Atleast the ones they post in their magazine anyway.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01 View Post
I would think that a good business would pay attention to what is being said on Forums such as these.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? I know there are several brands represented on this forum, but I've never seen a Rockwood rep "lurking." If anyone knows the contact name, number, etc. for somewood in the "complaint" department at Rockwood, please send it my way. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Hob

I asked for a Flagstaff Rep at one time. I was told Rockwood and Flagstaff shared the same rep because they were made in the same place just different decals. As far has hearing if Flagstaff or Rockwood had a rep out here, all I have heard are crickets chirping. The crickets would provide a better response than any Flagstaff or Rockwood rep has provided so far. If you get a good phone number or email please post it so I can have it too. Thanks in advance but I won't hold my breath waiting for someone to step up and claim ownership of that title.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #8

Update: We're now on our THIRD rep at Forest River. Gregg Rollins has now taken the lead on this issue. I called my dealer today and still nothing there as far as the couch and new table top.

So I sent Gregg Rollins a very long e-mail on how disappointed I am in FR customer service and that I was hoping the 3rd time was the charm. Also explained that the two previous FR reps never EVER answered my phone calls or emails. Within a half hour, I had a response from Gregg. He ordered the couch and table top last week.

Let's read a bit more into the last statement, above: "He ordered the couch and table top last week." This has been an ongoing issue since early June, 2011. You mean to tell me that in an entire YEAR someone at FR couldn't have ordered the couch? (The table top is a newer issue.) That also brings me to the response we received from our dealer in May when he stated "the couch is on a truck ready for delivery." Either my dealer was flat-out lying to me or FR lied to him. Can't really deciper which is the truth. And last year in August, when our dealer told us they received the couch, but it was damaged in transit, were they lying then too?

Below is the last paragraph from my e-mail to Gregg:
"
Up until this point, I’ve defended Forest River in every post on the Forest River Forums. We absolutely love our travel trailer. Would we buy another Forest River product in the future? If you asked me even 6 months ago, it would have been a resounding “yes.” Now, I’m not so sure. What if these issues had been something critical to our use and/or enjoyment of our travel trailer? Then what? Would they have been taken care of immediately? Or would we have had to wait months on end to get them taken care of? Either way, your failure to rectify ANY problem in a timely manner tells me you really don’t care about us as consumers. Are those with minor issues, such as ours, swept under the rug so perhaps we’ll forget about them? We demand the same customer service as those experiencing more serious issues. Yes, you have to service those customers first, but should these issues take over a year?"

I really did give it to him with both barrels throughout my e-mail. As I've always been taught....."the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

And so the wait continues. I hope they don't think that I'll just go quietly away and wait patiently until something shows up at the dealer. I plan to contact both my dealer and FR on a weekly basis until this is taken care of. Enough is enough.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Site Team

Not to discount what all you have been through trying to get someone to step up to the plate, especially with the timeline, but hopefully Gregg will do what no one else has done and get the matter taken care of. I'm just a third party but I'm putting my money on Gregg.

Sorry you had to go through this.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #10

trudinator....
You are not alone...
I feel your pain.
My father always said "those who are afraid to rock the boat - should not be in the boat in the first place."

You said "sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease" - unfortunately sometimes it gets replaced.

Our kitchen tap leaks and the galley tank drain line broke due to the line going to the front being shoved into the drain cuplings over 2 inches off plumb.
Tony Hufnagle at Forest River was sent several emails and received several phone calls that we could not use the unit kitchen (other than the stove and fridge) meaning that we could not use the trailer - remember the tap leaked...Camp sites frown on dumping dishwater on the ground and rightfully so.

I got almost all the parts this past Tuesday. 3 feet of line vs the 10 they said were shipped and no connector to the galley holding tank.

As for the tap... Tony's response to my being tired of waiting for parts or service and offering to do the work myself since the FR dealer has to wait on stock being sent from FR warranty dept is:

"YES HOWEVER IF COST IS WAY OUT OF LINE WITH THE COST OF THE FAUCET FROM FOREST RIVER WILL NEED TO ADJUST COST."

No extra cost for the caps lock either....

I'm now 2 weeks in the waiting for a cost estimate from his office and last weekend in NH at the NASCAR track my tongue jack broke.
Several people advised me that they would never buy another FR product. Sadly I am inclined to agree - at least at this point.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #11

Crazy woman

From experience, go through your dealer. These reps are dealer reps and are going to work through the dealer who sold the trailer. You may think your going straight top the top, but it may get stretched out. Just like a car manufacturer, 90 % of the time your going to get farther going to a dealership....

Get your cushion yet?
Redman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman1 View Post
From experience, go through your dealer. These reps are dealer reps and are going to work through the dealer who sold the trailer. You may think your going straight top the top, but it may get stretched out. Just like a car manufacturer, 90 % of the time your going to get farther going to a dealership....

Get your cushion yet?
No, nothing yet. And yes, we've been going through our dealer for resolution since day 1. But getting answers like "it was damaged in transit" and "its on the truck for delivery" gave me a very uneasy feeling; like perhaps our dealer is making excuses for their ineptitude. I'll shout from the rooftops and the entire FRF audience will hear my shouts of joy when this is finally resolved.

A new carbon monoxide detector is part of this also. They have the new one sitting in their office. Makes me kind of nervous to be operating without it. I'm thinking of strongly suggesting they come to US with the replacement parts instead of us having to haul it to the dealer.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #13

UPDATE: Do you think it's reasonable

Well, hell must have frozen over! Our TT is at our dealer this week getting the new table top, the new CO detector and the new couch cushions.

A local upholstery shop is working with them and the fabric Flair Interiors sent. Here is the problem with the cushions - the fabric was GLUED to the edge of the foam and was not holding the fabric tight to the foam. Glued? Instead of a sewn seam and a slip cover approach? Why on earth would you glue fabric to foam? To save money? Time? So how much is it costing them in warranty repair to fix this? Probably a lot more than it would have if they'd done it the correct way first. Ya gotta love corporate America! Any way to save a buck.

The best part is that they've already washed and shined it up and it's sitting inside while the couch is repaired. AND they're going to DELIVER it to us on Monday! Woo hoo!

I'm a....dare I say.....happy camper!!

Thank you to Gregg Rollins at Forest River for finally making this right.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's all getting fixed already ? Lol

I'm happy for ya !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote