Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

Dometic fridge not working

We are new to this. We had traveled about 800 miles using propane for fridge. Propane ran out and we didn't' know until we stopped. Changed over to other tank, fridge did cool. Tried electric same problem freezer and fridge not working. Light in fridge comes on also the control panel lights as if it is working. 2 years ago previous owner had to replace the cooling unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rockymini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #2

Mine took about 6 hrs to get cold after being off for a day during a trip. I thought it was broken - it was taking so long. The floor of the freezer began to cool off first and, in the am, everything was normal with the fridge @ 34*.

Joe R
2015 Mini Lite 2104S
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
Site Team

It can take a day or more to cool down, especially if pack with room temp food in it. Place a remote sensor in it so you can see temp without opening the door. A wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer works great.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #4

Dometic fridge still not working!

Thank you both. I love the idea of the thermometer. We did try to leave it on for 24 hours still no cooling. We also don't see the flame when we take off the panel on the outside. It stopped working on electric and LP since we ran out of LP.

Regards
'
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Does the lights on the frig flash if on propane? If so then yes no gas. Try lighting your stove burners to get rid of air in the lines. If they light then retry the frig. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #6

Fridge not working

We opened the vent looking thing on outside and don't see the gas pipe lite. How can I start it? I have heard sometimes dirt or rust can settle on the burner and can not ignite .
I love this forum. We have owned our mini lite 2011 2304 for 3 weeks and have learned so much from this forum.
Thanks everyone what a great group.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #7

I did a search on "lighting dometic refrigerator" and YouTube has some good videos (which I always prefer over reading "how to") on it as well as some troubleshooting vids. Hope it helps.

Joe R.
SW Washington
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
Site Team

Turn off fridge and pull fuse for it. Wait a minute, then replace fuse and try again. You should hear clicking sound outside coming from fridge access panel. If it clicks and doesn't light you need to purge air from lines by lighting stove. If no clicking on gas mode, then control board may be bad or not powered. Many gas appliances have protective mode to prevent a buildup of gas if it doesn't light.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #9

Hi Flybob,
Still our fridge is not working on gas or electric. Which fuse should I take out the one below the fridge or the one on the outside in the access panel?

Ok I took the panel off the inside of the TT under the fridge. I took out them fuse. The light beside it that shows bright red when you take out a fuse was not bright and finally went out. Fuse is okay. Any suggestions Flybob?
Thanks
Debbie
Rockymini
2011 Mini-lite 2304
Old 08-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #10

I cannot help you get your frig started but if you are in the "high country" as I am at 8700 feet above sea level, you may run into the same problem I have. Our frig stays on for about 4-5 hours and then the "check light" comes on. I have to turn it off and then back on. I called Dometic yesterday and they said they were not surprised as their units do not work above 5000 feet above sea level. I then checked the booklet and it also states the same thing!

I then went to one of their "authorized repair centers" in Golden and the technican said in Colorado the unit can operate but inefficently at high altitudes and it will build up a "white dust". He cleaned it and so far the frig continues to operate....we will see.

I hope you don't run into this issue on yours.
Evergreen49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I had a four door Dometic in my last unit when it shut down. A tech told me to pull the fuse in the back and also pull the mini plug from the circuit board for a munite. He said the board and the control panel could be out of sync. It worked for me.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge