Old 10-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #11
Originally Posted by robertew View Post
Thanks for posting. The cupboard doors aren't the problem. It the drawers-some of them-like the ones that migrate open behind the slide and the one under the oven, which don't like to stay closed during travel. The original owner used one of the couch pillows for the latter problem after the drawer had come open and marred the door under the sink. These ball bearing slides have such good closed retention when they are in your hands so something just isn't perfect when they are installed. I've shimmed them front and back and moved them forward and they work better, yet they still could use improvement.
These also work on drawers as well. I successfully use them in my TT

2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
I'd install a magnetic catch to keep them closed. Time spent fixing this problem could be spent camping and drinking beer!

2008 Forest River Micro-Lite 18FBR
2000 Ford Explorer Sports Trac
WBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
That was just an example. More such products:
stallsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
A lot of childproofing projects can be actively disabled once you're at camp and re-enabled when you go to breakdown camp. That would keep their annoyance factor down while you're using the camper but save you when you're traveling.

I have the "bulldogs" indicated in the 2nd post on the thread and still experience my drawers opening up. They are installed on the bottom side of the draw to save my hands.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote